PDA

View Full Version : Lonley female Discus

crystalview
06-22-2010, 07:10 PM
I got a friend for my adult female. Was told it was a male. It wasn't, She had a male that died of worms when she survived. Now she is loney and playing buddies with the ABN male longfin. Who also I need a mate for.

Should I try for another mate for her. She doesn't swim around as much with out the other discus. I spent so much on what I thought was a male and with money so tight do to husband medical. I know I can't efford another adult male. Or trust the seller to get me a 4-6 male. There are only 4 neons in with her so yes she is bored.

DiscusKev
06-22-2010, 07:14 PM
You could try to sell that discus you bought and earn back some money and when the time is good on money, get her a proven male (which will possibly be more expensive), or hope for a male from a group of discus.

mmorris
06-23-2010, 08:36 AM
I got a friend for my adult female. Was told it was a male. It wasn't, She had a male that died of worms when she survived. Now she is loney and playing buddies with the ABN male longfin. Who also I need a mate for.

I'm confused. Do you have two females? You had one, got another, sadly, and some male died somewhere along the way. Have you wormed the remaining one (or two)? How big is your tank?

crystalview
06-23-2010, 01:13 PM
I got a breeding pair 8months ago they came with worms. The male did not survive so I got another male which turned out to be another female. My original female wanted to mate with her all the time drove the other fish nuts. I traded her off for other fish items. She now is mating with another fish. My female discus dances around with my ABN. I thought of trading her off and getting a half dozen young but though she is pretty she has a scare on her side from the worm infestation so no one wants to buy her.

DiscusKev
06-23-2010, 01:58 PM
I wanted to say sell her to a better home with 'friends', so she won't be lonely; didn't wanted to sound negative though.

Now that you've mentioned that it have a scarred, the value would most likely drop drastically :(