PDA

View Full Version : WTB Discus Fry-Started New Tank

fireman5214
07-06-2010, 05:55 PM
Hello all, I am looking to Discus now that my tank is completely cycled and my parameters are stable. I just have some rummynose tetras in the tank right now. Below is what I am currently looking for possible strains I am interested in:

Turquoise Blue
Flachen
Ocean Green
Snow White
Red Mellon
Millenium Gold
Cobalt
Any other SOLID color blues or greens.

I would like to get any size from 1" -2.5". I would like to get a m/f pair if possible so I can let them pair up naturally, and I would like to grow them out myself. That seems the most fun way to raise discus.

If anyone has any available or any questions, feel free to pm me. I check this board daily.

csarkar001
07-06-2010, 06:04 PM
check out what bobtools has for sale.

fireman5214
07-06-2010, 08:21 PM
check out what bobtools has for sale.

yeah i saw them but they didnt look like any strains i was looking for.

DiscusOnly
07-06-2010, 08:54 PM
Hello all, I am looking to Discus now that my tank is completely cycled and my parameters are stable. I just have some rummynose tetras in the tank right now. Below is what I am currently looking for possible strains I am interested in:

Turquoise Blue
Flachen
Ocean Green
Snow White
Red Mellon
Millenium Gold
Cobalt

I would like to get any size from 1" -2.5". I would like to get a m/f pair if possible so I can let them pair up naturally, and I would like to grow them out myself. That seems the most fun way to raise discus.

If anyone has any available or any questions, feel free to pm me. I check this board daily.

If you want pairs buying 1"-2.5" discus, you are going to need to get 6-8 to grow out. Pick some big and some small ones.

fireman5214
07-14-2010, 09:19 PM
still looking for these strains. Just a bump to get noticed again maybe get some luck here.

fireman5214
07-23-2010, 09:31 PM
bump

DerekFF
07-24-2010, 12:55 AM

Turquoise Blue
Flachen
Ocean Green
Snow White
Red Mellon
Millenium Gold
Cobalt

Hey good to see another firefighter on board here!!! I know Hans has some Fire Reds that are kinda close to a red melon and he also carried the flachen. Kenny carries a few varieties of whites and golden diamonds for a yellow/gold color. He also had gotten some cobalts as of last shipment. Most of Kennys fish are larger though, but you can always ask any of the importers about getting a special order for smaller fish. Also Dan at Elite Aquaria ive seen has gone out of his way before to order certain sized fish per request. These are all simply discus sponsors who would all be more than willing to go the extra mile to get you what your after

Elite Aquaria
07-24-2010, 01:28 AM
I have a new shipment which has a lot of smaller sized fish.

fireman5214
07-24-2010, 10:06 AM
I have a new shipment which has a lot of smaller sized fish. Thats good i keep forgetting to call you. I have been busy getting ready for our annual fire co carnival. Tonight the rides come in (most are only coming from about 20 minutes away) but we had heavy rain here last night and our field is not the best anymore:( So i will be busy again later tonight. Maybe the first week in august i will be 100% ready for the fish as next week, I would not have the time to acclimate them correctly. Just trying to get the fish on hold at least.

also derek thanks for the welcome.

Elite Aquaria
07-24-2010, 10:24 AM
This shipment is in QT until August 2nd...Then shipments will begin to go out. I have a promo going on that ends tomorrow for 10% on orders of 10 or more fish. If you pre-order before then I can hold them until you are ready.

mmorris
07-24-2010, 11:36 AM
I should have some blue sapphires ready in a month. I can't guarantee that any are unclaimed, though.

DerekFF
07-24-2010, 02:07 PM
I should have some blue sapphires ready in a month. I can't guarantee that any are unclaimed, though.

PICS MARTHA!!

mmorris
07-24-2010, 02:23 PM
If you do a search for blue sapphires you'll find pics of the parents all over the forum. I think there are pics of previous batches of fry in the hobbyist breeder section. I'll get some pics of this batch posted when they are bigger if there are any unclaimed.

mmorris
07-24-2010, 02:26 PM
Here you are: http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?p=581865&highlight=sapphire#post581865 :) Last year's prices. Now they are $18 each, $16 each for 10 or more.

fireman5214
07-24-2010, 09:46 PM
This shipment is in QT until August 2nd...Then shipments will begin to go out. I have a promo going on that ends tomorrow for 10% on orders of 10 or more fish. If you pre-order before then I can hold them until you are ready. wish i could do 10 or more but not a big enough tank, lookiing for 6-8 including some my uncle might want (2) what colors/sizes do u have? Any pics? I could give you my email through private message.