PDA

View Full Version : cell phone company rip offs

mathao
07-07-2010, 11:41 PM
check this out.
http://financiallyfit.yahoo.com/finance/article-110000-5853-1-the-cellular-money-pit?ywaad=ad0035

rickztahone
07-08-2010, 02:24 AM
i hate that now you HAVE to get the data plans in order to be able to text. i would still have to get the data plan because i web browse but my mom most certainly doesn't need access to the web but she does text. sucks

Darrell Ward
07-08-2010, 11:35 PM
It's called greed. This is similar to what land line phone companies used to do with all the long distance charges and extra fees for this and that. They still may do it, I don't know. I told them to p##s off years ago and got cable based phone service for much less money. Now, millions of people have cable based home phone service. I kinda expect some company will similarly change the way cell phone service is provided in the future.

wadewc
07-10-2010, 10:54 AM
I had to get a new phone due to my work. [Need access to web] So I bought an I phone. ATT does not offer unlimited data anymore. I had to get a text plan plus a data plan. $$$

Wade

KeonTheKing
07-12-2010, 09:21 PM
America = a lot of rip offs LOL. but i got a VOIP that is exslusive from T-mobile that works with your internet that gives you top quality phone service for 5 bucks a month and its unlimited US canada and some europe.

akumastew
07-19-2010, 04:06 PM
Most companies offer services with the intent on profiting from the fees paid by the consumer.

If people are willing to pay for the service, then I don't see anything wrong with the company charging what people are willing to pay.

If someone offered you a million dollars to give them a ride to work, I am sure most people would take them up on the offer.