PDA

View Full Version : Can not seem to fix breathing issue

Kiro
07-09-2010, 05:45 AM
Hi all,

My fish have been breathing way to fast for a couple of months now.

PH: 8
KH: 5
GH: 10

Treated for gill flukes 2 months back. They were all breathing with just one gill back then. Right now they all use both gills and the gills themselves look fine. (to me, atleast)

The tank is completely bare except for a heater and in/outlet of my filter.

I age my water for about 24 hours and the parameters seem stable.

I tried adding some salt for a week a while back but it did not seem to have done anything.

Due to the summer right now, my tank's heat fluctuates between 30 and 33 degrees celcius.

Does anyone have any ideas what else I can try? Maybe try treating for gill flukes again? :confused:

Kiro
07-09-2010, 06:20 AM
Also, my fish seem perfectly fine otherwhise. They greet me when I go to feed them and I think they're showing their colors really well. My blue diamond is magnificent :)

It's just the breathing issue as far as I know

Eddie
07-09-2010, 06:25 AM
Might add more air, with higher temps the o2 levels are very low. Maybe the fish are struggling to breath? Do you have any extra air in the tank? Also, what age are the fish? If they are young, younger fish tend to breath faster than adults.

Eddie

Kiro
07-09-2010, 06:37 AM
I've already tried adding two airstones, my tank looks like a bubblebath at the moment :)

They are NOT adults, but not exactly juvies either. Would it help if I got you some pictures/video?

Eddie
07-09-2010, 06:39 AM
I've already tried adding two airstones, my tank looks like a bubblebath at the moment :)

They are NOT adults, but not exactly juvies either. Would it help if I got you some pictures/video?

Sure and whats wrong with a bubble bath? :o

Kiro
07-09-2010, 06:57 AM
Nothing, It's awesome :D