PDA

View Full Version : WB throwback and intermediate

ctzeh
07-10-2010, 02:04 AM
First question: Is there a difference between throwback and intermediate? I am asking this because seems that both refer to some sort of a halfway product.

Second question: Read from the discus NADA website that a WB has pigeon and cobalt genes. Does that mean that when you pair a pigeon and a cobalt discus, you will get all WBs? Will you get any white colour turquoise discus?

Last but not least, has anyone seen a WB intermediate? Is there such a thing as WB intermediate in the first place?

Thanks for all answers.

DiscusKev
07-10-2010, 04:25 AM
I believe throwbacks are the outcome (offspring) from 2 fishes (parent). Intermediates is when the offspring has the ability to throw different type/strain of discus, such as albino carriers from the F1.

ctzeh
07-10-2010, 05:19 AM
I believe throwbacks are the outcome (offspring) from 2 fishes (parent). Intermediates is when the offspring has the ability to throw different type/strain of discus, such as albino carriers from the F1.

Thanks DiscusKev, I think i get it now. Intermediates mainly refer to offsprings which donot show the desired outcome but have potential of producing offsprings of the desired outcome. As for throwbacks, it mainly means that offspring pairings produce fishes that are somewhere in between original fishes and themselves.