PDA

View Full Version : Ready to Jump In

diveshooter
07-12-2010, 05:03 PM
Okay, so after studying up and visiting Simply Discus for the past 6 months I've
finally made my first discus purchase. I'm starting with a modest purchase from Kenny's Discus of 4 Hi-body Carnation Turks, 2 Albino Pearl Diamonds and 2 Virgin Reds. Fish will be added to an established 90 gallon planted tank.
Will be taking delivery in about 10 days, and I feel like a kid awaiting Christmas!:)

DiscusKev
07-12-2010, 05:08 PM
Welcome to the world of discus :)

Any plans on the water changes regime, maintainance.etc?

Glad you've took the right path and go with our sponsors, you'll have a head start with healthy discus :)

Good luck in your ventures.

flyman767
07-12-2010, 05:27 PM
I feel your excitement! I have 5 from Kenny on the July II order.:)

I saw you are in Hawaii..have you had any issues with expedited shipping there? Personally, when I have receive my fish via FedEx; I have the vendor ship the fish directly to the nearest FedEx ship center(near my home) and have them hold them there. This way..when they open the shipping center first thing in the morning, I'm there to pick them up before they can get loaded on a courier truck. This of course, also limits there time in the shipping container.

Just thought I mention it... due to your long fish commute...Good Luck..Ray

diveshooter
07-12-2010, 05:28 PM
Welcome to the world of discus :)

Any plans on the water changes regime, maintainance.etc?

Glad you've took the right path and go with our sponsors, you'll have a head start with healthy discus :)

Good luck in your ventures.

Thanks for the welcome. Right now I'm doing weekly 60-80% water changes and clean my Rena canister filter weekly. We are blessed with great tap water here in Hawaii so I don't have to fiddle around with it at all.

diveshooter
07-12-2010, 06:51 PM
I feel your excitement! I have 5 from Kenny on the July II order.:)

I saw you are in Hawaii..have you had any issues with expedited shipping there? Personally, when I have receive my fish via FedEx; I have the vendor ship the fish directly to the nearest FedEx ship center(near my home) and have them hold them there. This way..when they open the shipping center first thing in the morning, I'm there to pick them up before they can get loaded on a courier truck. This of course, also limits there time in the shipping container.

Just thought I mention it... due to your long fish commute...Good Luck..Ray

Never had any issues with Fed Ex shipments. Maybe its because I worked for them here in Honolulu for 12 years.:D

Discus master
07-12-2010, 10:13 PM
Never had any issues with Fed Ex shipments. Maybe its because I worked for them here in Honolulu for 12 years.:D

Yeah but you are havng them shipped to the wrong house! wrong address and everything I live on the east coast in pa, ha ha ha

umm have them shipped here first sense I am closer and I will make sure that everyh=things cool with them you know over the course of well their entire lives and then I will make sure you get them rite after that, hah hah just kidding I would not have room for them I would have to get another tank already maxed at at 6 in my 55 gallon if I do well with these then I am talking the wife into letting my buy at least a 10 gallon tank and another 55 for extra tank space it always comes in handy and maybe a 30 gallon qt tank would not be a bad idea oh the ehck with it I need a fish room!!