PDA

View Full Version : what can I do to let them spawn again

kmfernhout@yahoo.com
07-14-2010, 11:44 AM
:confused:If someone can help me I have a breeding discus pair and they have lying eggs 5 times. The first 4 times they eat all of them the fifth time there was wigglers. The male was eating the so I put in a divider in the tank and I can see it put a lot of stress on the female and after 2 hours se eat all the remaining wigglers. That was two weeks ago. Just want to find out how many times they spawn. The female still look stressed when I come home after work she look fine but sometimes when I look at the tank I can see she is stressing . The water guilty is fine what can I do to let them spawn again

jball1125
07-14-2010, 11:52 AM
Just give them clean water. They will get it right on their own. If the male continues to eat the wigglers after a couple more tries, you can remove him from the tank instead of putting a divider which is what might have stressed out the female.

mmorris
07-14-2010, 12:22 PM
It may be a young pair, and the eggs may not have been fertilized the first four times. The fifth time, they may have been new, confused parents. Like Jball said, give them a couple more shots at it.

kaceyo
07-14-2010, 04:00 PM
The best thing for keeping your pair laying is to keep up with your tank maintenance and wc's. If water quality starts to slip, so will their desire to spawn. Keep the sponges rinced at least weekly, wipe down the inside walls and bottom of the tank, remove uneaten foods right away or better yet, don't over feed etc. It's all back to basics stuff.