PDA

View Full Version : What the heck is this???

birdog
07-21-2010, 01:24 AM
In doing some vaccuming of my main tank I discovered what I at first thought were gray hairs on the inside of the glass tops, as I pulled the top up to vaccum I saw them, they were not hairs, I touched one and it started moving like a worm, I think there were 4 or 5 of them, what are they?

I am very freaking scared.

Thanks
David

Eddie
07-21-2010, 01:30 AM
Probably stylaria, no worries. Just be extra meticulous in cleaning the tank/filters.

Eddie

vera
07-21-2010, 01:55 AM
Ouch!thats freaky:alien:

birdog
07-21-2010, 02:04 AM
Ughh, this creeped me out to say the least, I will do a complete clean up tomorrow, I'm talking cannister sponges everything, that canister has to be holding a lot of crapola, maybe I WILL find an alien in there LOL.

Thanks
David

vera
07-21-2010, 02:15 AM
maybe I WILL find an alien in there LOL.

LOL , post pictures :)

joshua 74
07-21-2010, 06:09 AM
that just yuk lol would they be bad for ya fish.

Discus master
07-21-2010, 09:44 AM
Ughh, this creeped me out to say the least, I will do a complete clean up tomorrow, I'm talking cannister sponges everything, that canister has to be holding a lot of crapola, maybe I WILL find an alien in there LOL.

Thanks
David

Just be creful not to damage your BIO filtration media, I know you already know but I once did to thruo of a cleaning and had a mini spike that lasted a couple of days becasue of it, had to do extra water changes and add a few doses of prime to get it back under control. Now when I clean I vacum my pre and sponge filter leave my ceramic rings alone in the canister maybe a quick dunk in the trash can filled with tank water I squezz the BIO sponge out gently empty the canister wipe it out and replce my floss I do the floss once a week the other stuff once evry other. I do not have spikes now, and I have enough BIO material for a 150 gallon tank prob and mine is a 55 plus the BIO material is spread out between diferent medias so I can clean on or two let he other go and rotate. just thought I would mention it before you go on a cleaning spree, lol;)