PDA

View Full Version : Aquarium Canopy Lift

aquatic3
07-14-2010, 12:25 PM
I'm starting a new Planted Discus Tank project....I'm calling it Aquatic3 "aqua-tic cubed".

Purchased a Tenecor 140 Gallon tank that with the stand stood 6 ft tall. There was no way I could lift it off and on ever time to work inside the tank. I looked online for a commercial product that lifted hoods. Could not find anything. Saw some postings and examples on YouTube...but nothing was slim or sleek. Everything I saw looked like a DIY project. I did not want that for my set up or family room.

So I came up with a vertical actuator lifting device that is slick, reliable and strong. ONLY 1 3/4" from the wall, practically invisible and very sleek. I call it the AquaLift. You can see my video on YouTube and follow my project post on ADMIN EDIT: Link Removed. I'll be posting here on all types of subjects during the set-up of my Planted Discus Tank. Can't wait to place an order with Kenny.

Let me know your thoughts, comments etc. regarding the lift and don't hesitate to sent me PM if you're interested in one for yourself.
:D

aquatic3
07-22-2010, 10:07 AM
Here watch the video or pics.

:D (http://clients.visiblegains.com/Get/Jfuoi8n20bg)