PDA

View Full Version : Metro for people

kitykatfunkiehat
07-22-2010, 12:12 PM
Out of curiosity, what purpose does Metronidazole serve for people?
I noticed a friend of mine had it in cream form and it really baffled me what she would use it for.

Thanks!
Jenna

acroken
07-22-2010, 12:31 PM
it is a medication for women. i believe for bacterial infections. i do not care to say anymore:D also used by all for skin rashes.

Kenny

LizStreithorst
07-22-2010, 12:34 PM
Also gets rid of the internal parasite Giardia. (we don't see it much in the States) and is generally soothing to the guts when poeple have gastric problems.

brewmaster15
07-22-2010, 12:42 PM
In people.... its used in conjunction with antifungal agents to treat yeast infections.. and to treat Giardia as Liz and kenny said...

But probably ...Its main purpose is used as a prophylactic antibiotic when ever a person undergoes Gut surgery or has an internal infection...Its used in hospitols around the world usually with a second antibiotic...There is a synergistic effect when this is done as The metro works on a small number anaerobic bacterias.. This medicine saves thousands of lives (tens of thousands?) each year.

hth,
al

Eddie
07-22-2010, 06:18 PM
In people.... its used in conjunction with antifungal agents to treat yeast infections.. and to treat Giardia as Liz and kenny said...

But probably ...Its main purpose is used as a prophylactic antibiotic when ever a person undergoes Gut surgery or has an internal infection...Its used in hospitols around the world usually with a second antibiotic...There is a synergistic effect when this is done as The metro works on a small number anaerobic bacterias.. This medicine saves thousands of lives (tens of thousands?) each year.

hth,
al

Thats interesting you mention that Al, Andrew Soh also recommends using metro combined with antibiotics. I've never done it but I wonder if anyone else might have.

Eddie

kitykatfunkiehat
07-22-2010, 07:05 PM
Interesting. Kind of weirded out that I asked this now, considering it can be used for yeast infections...

LizStreithorst
07-22-2010, 07:26 PM
Interesting. Kind of weirded out that I asked this now, considering it can be used for yeast infections...

Jenna, that is so funny that there isn't an appropriate smiley for it.

Try a product called AZOO Yeast. I may be the only woman in history who has never had a yeast infection but I use it on my food allergy yeasty skin dog and it has done him a world of good. Its OTC at any drug store and cheap as dirt. Anything with 1% clotrimazole does a good job topically.

I'm not a Dr. nor do I play one on TV, but I worked at a vet hospital for over 20 years and learned everything I could. The drugs are the same for humans, small mammals and fish.

brewmaster15
07-22-2010, 07:33 PM
Thats interesting you mention that Al, Andrew Soh also recommends using metro combined with antibiotics. I've never done it but I wonder if anyone else might have.

Eddie
hey Eddie,
with fish... Metro+kanamyacin is very useful for some internal infections ...synergistic...... In hospitols... metro+gentamycin is used often.

hth,
al

Eddie
07-23-2010, 04:41 AM

Dont be weirded out Jenna, as long as she wasnt using it for toothpaste. LOL