PDA

View Full Version : Is fighting a sign of ( about to lay )

discusmurderer
07-23-2010, 10:59 PM
The pair i had was fighting off another in the lps and the owner told me to take all, but now they were fighting off a male all the time so i put them in a breeding tank and the female started to pic on the male for three days and now the male i beating up on the female for the last two days so o wanted to know if i was to expect eggs soon?

Hey i am almost not killing fish, i will be giving back discus to the world other than murdering them. lol

Jennie
07-23-2010, 11:11 PM
Lets see if they live long enough, LOL

The pair i had was fighting off another in the lps and the owner told me to take all, but now they were fighting off a male all the time so i put them in a breeding tank and the female started to pic on the male for three days and now the male i beating up on the female for the last two days so o wanted to know if i was to expect eggs soon?

Hey i am almost not killing fish, i will be giving back discus to the world other than murdering them. lol

discusmurderer
07-23-2010, 11:57 PM
how long do u give them in my care?

DerekFF
07-24-2010, 12:37 AM

Im no expert, but usually if its violent fighting i wouldnt expect eggs. How do you know which ones are male/female? are they proven or your assuming or the LFS owner told you?

mmorris
07-24-2010, 06:50 PM
I thought you were going to buy some quality discus from an importer. Perhaps I have my stories wrong.

discusmurderer
07-24-2010, 07:59 PM
Im no expert, but usually if its violent fighting i wouldnt expect eggs. How do you know which ones are male/female? are they proven or your assuming or the LFS owner told you?Its not very violent , they are just picking on each other. They are not a proven pair but i saw them fighting off another , the two of them were fighting off another male and only hanging around the cone, all of this is in my 133 gal. tank. as for knowing which is male or f, a breeder came by and told me that the big one is the male and the small one is the f , u can see a pic of them in the thread ( what shall i do now, they all died ) the one in front is smaller one.

I thought you were going to buy some quality discus from an importer. Perhaps I have my stories wrong.
I was going to get fish from Dan but a guy down here was importing some already and his shipment is full, and the shipping is $3,000 bucks which is $500 us and the fish would have been $720 us and that is $4,200 my money. So that is why i canceled for now, just until the other guy is ordering from Dan again ,then i will share the shipping with him. For now i will see if these two will spawn and experiment with some others. i already got some new juvies and i put them in the same tank to see if they will die , then i will know if it really is ( whirling ). so far they are fine since putting them in last night at nine o'clock.

mmorris
07-24-2010, 10:51 PM
Ouch! Big bucks! If your fish die it won't tell you it is whirling disease; it will tell you they probably died of the same thing the others died of.

nc0gnet0
07-25-2010, 12:26 AM
If your fish die it won't tell you it is whirling disease; it will tell you they probably died of the same thing the others died of.

Actually it won't even tell him that, just that they too died.

mmorris
07-25-2010, 09:25 AM
That's true! I was thinking if the symptoms were the same. They are not your every-day symptoms, but you'd still be right.

discusmurderer
07-25-2010, 06:29 PM
That's true! I was thinking if the symptoms were the same. They are not your every-day symptoms, but you'd still be right.

Hey!!! the two of u are confusing me LOL! If the symptoms are the same then it would tell me that it was whirling because i am not going to use formaldehyde again on these.

so far no one has told me what this fighting means, I just had to put back the big ones ( pair ) back into the big tank because the male was beating her so bad she was lying flat on her side to ease the attacks. Now that i put them back , the male that was alone by himself is now beating up the pair that i put back. So i don't know what's going on and what to do.

danny2013
07-25-2010, 07:11 PM
Divide the tank with something clear so they get used to each other. This fighting sounds pretty bad.Is there any damage on any of the fish and if so what is the damage? Good luck, Dan

mmorris
07-25-2010, 08:05 PM
If the symptoms are the same then it would tell me that it was whirling ...so far no one has told me what this fighting means, .

They may whirl, but we still won't know why.

We don't know what it means either. :)

discusmurderer
07-25-2010, 08:20 PM
Divide the tank with something clear so they get used to each other. This fighting sounds pretty bad.Is there any damage on any of the fish and if so what is the damage? Good luck, Dan

That's a little complicated to divide, it is 6 feet and 30 inches wide. there are no damages yet, just a little fraying of fins but there is a nonstop attacking . They were all grown up together, four pigeon blood, one female and two males now but when they were in the lps and the female was the only one who was fighting and she even killed another that was in the tank with them, that's how i got them from the owner of the store, they were afraid that more would die.
But since i got them ,two were only hanging out near the cone and beating up on the last one, so i put them in a 24x24x18 and then the female started to beat the male for two days then it turned around and the male is now beating the female, so much that she started to lay flat down in the tank from being picked on. so i put them back in the 6ft so that she would have room to run away and be safe but now the lone male is beating the pair.