PDA

View Full Version : Where do you buy Aquarium stuff like Prime, pump, fish food, etc in Richmond, Canada

barrowkwan
07-24-2010, 01:16 AM
Hi,

I am going to give some Discus ( home breed and about 1/2 inch ) to my father who live in Richmond, Canada. He got a used tank ( 100 gal ) from someone but he will need accessories like foam filter, water conditioner ( eg prime ) and very important, fish food ( like frozen blood worm ). For those who live in Vancouver/Richmond area, where do you buy those? any recommended local fish store? and mail order store in Canada?

I will help him to do the initial setup then I will be back to US. I am wondering if any members here who live in Vancouver/Richmond speak Cantonese that might be able to help sometime ( mostly for emergency when I am not reachable )? My father only speak Cantonese.

thanks

Barrow

wadewc
07-24-2010, 06:22 AM
Hi,

I am going to give some Discus ( home breed and about 1/2 inch ) to my father who live in Richmond, Canada. He got a used tank ( 100 gal ) from someone but he will need accessories like foam filter, water conditioner ( eg prime ) and very important, fish food ( like frozen blood worm ). For those who live in Vancouver/Richmond area, where do you buy those? any recommended local fish store? and mail order store in Canada?

I will help him to do the initial setup then I will be back to US. I am wondering if any members here who live in Vancouver/Richmond speak Cantonese that might be able to help sometime ( mostly for emergency when I am not reachable )? My father only speak Cantonese.

thanks

Barrow

I believe April is in Vancover. Here is her web site http://www.aprilsaquarium.com/

Wade

dean9922
07-24-2010, 09:10 AM
DItto.....April can certainly help you out.....

seanyuki
07-24-2010, 10:45 AM
Go to April's place at Dunbar(Vanouver).....she has all the things needed for discus

barrowkwan
07-24-2010, 12:41 PM
thanks everyone. I will definitely check out April's store

discuspaul
07-24-2010, 06:00 PM
Barrow,
It's Paul, from Surrey, B.C. - you may remember me.
I've already posted to you several times on a previous thread -& also re: this question.
April's place is great & she has everything you will likely need for your father's new tank.
However, you'll be in Richmond - & if you want a close-by, handy place to get all your set-up supplies for your father's tank, go to Island Pets Unlimited (formerly Big Al's), on # 3 Road, near Alderbridge Way. Their prices are as good as anyonelse's.
But if you're going downtown, or somewhere nearby, do check out April's & see her beautiful discus.
Sorry I don't speak your father's tongue, otherwise I'd be more than happy to help him after you go back to the U.S.

April
07-24-2010, 11:00 PM
i have cantonese and mandarin speaking available on saturdays.
i have most of that stuff. hope he does well with his discus. the main thing is..clean water..lots of wcs..and good food. but im sure youve discussed all that with him.
dunbat st. is quite close to richmond. toward ubc .