PDA

View Full Version : advice on adding different discus

markandhisdiscus
07-24-2010, 12:16 PM
i have been looking at my fish lately thinking im not 100% happy . and was going to sell all of them and start again. however i have decided that i really like my cobalt and my 2 ring leopards.

so i was thinking maybe i could sell the 3 i dont want and the buy 3 really nice fish that i like roughly the same size as my current fish, quarentine them for around 4 to 6 weeks then add them

could that work?

Discus master
07-24-2010, 02:44 PM
i have been looking at my fish lately thinking im not 100% happy . and was going to sell all of them and start again. however i have decided that i really like my cobalt and my 2 ring leopards.

so i was thinking maybe i could sell the 3 i dont want and the buy 3 really nice fish that i like roughly the same size as my current fish, quarentine them for around 4 to 6 weeks then add them

could that work?

I do not see any reason why you could not do that, as long as you go thru the proper qt precedures and the fish are roughly the same size, oh and of course I would not advise to add wilds with tank raised discus but other than that it should be cool. This is in my limited exp and perhaps others with more exp will have a diferent point of view than me but I would not think theres a problem with it. Can I ask what it is about the three you want to get rid you do not like about them? are they stunted or just not the color and or patterns you want any more???

DiscusKev
07-24-2010, 03:10 PM
Its the life of a discus hobbiest :D When you get the new three, you'll most likely dislike the previous 3, it just goes on and on and on. Once you learn new things, you realize that your discus has some flaws and you decide to sell until it meets your needs, its an endless chain :p

Discus master
07-24-2010, 03:22 PM
Its the life of a discus hobbiest :D When you get the new three, you'll most likely dislike the previous 3, it just goes on and on and on. Once you learn new things, you realize that your discus has some flaws and you decide to sell until it meets your needs, its an endless chain :p

Oh man I hope not! I am happy to grow mine out rite now but then again I am to new to the hobby to have gone thru this yet. The only thing I know I want is a biger then a biger then a biger tank!! for more and more discus and a beter looking BIOtyoe even thinking of plants lately oh boy here goes another couple of grand and probably some nights on the couch if I decide on plants lol I got my first taste yesterday I bought Java Fern and Java Moss for my drift wood and such and oh boy what a diference it makes now I am thinking if that looks nice what else would oh boy here we gooooooooo:D

markandhisdiscus
07-24-2010, 03:59 PM
only reason i want to do it is because my cobalt and ring leopards are really nice fish , but the other 3 are just average , and i want 6 really nice fish

Jennie
07-24-2010, 05:06 PM
LMAO- you ain't just whistling dixie.

MTW63
07-25-2010, 08:48 AM
WOW I am glad I am not the only one, we just received 6 new ones from Kenny which are amazing, first day in the tank I want to get rid of two of the older snakeskin I have and get a few new ones from Kenny.