PDA

View Full Version : My Pair wont Spawn anymore !!!!

Double Up
07-28-2010, 02:19 PM
They havent laid in almost a year!!!!!! ***?58921

mmorris
07-28-2010, 02:21 PM
Disappointing, I know. I had a pair that took a break that was almost that long. Watch the water stats, keep up with the wc, feed a quality diet, and don't stress them out by constantly trying to stimulate them into spawning. :)

Double Up
07-28-2010, 02:23 PM
Gotcha, patience is what worked the first time. The water stats are great. Daily WC's too. I think they are just Brats now.

roclement
07-28-2010, 02:36 PM
Stop the water changes for as long as you can, feed them dry foods that won't foul the water and just let them be in peace...works for me. Careful...just because it works for me, may not be good for you.

Rodrigo

Double Up
07-28-2010, 02:48 PM
Stop the water changes for as long as you can, feed them dry foods that won't foul the water and just let them be in peace...works for me. Careful...just because it works for me, may not be good for you.

Rodrigo

Tried the no WC's thing, Tried cold water WC's, Tried PH up/down. Tried High TDS to Low TDS and vice versa. Lowered temp to 81, gonna leave it for a week then raise it to 86 again.

mmorris
07-28-2010, 02:51 PM
Try leaving them alone. ;) I had a feeling you had probably tried everything in the book. Remember, you can "try" them into poor health.

LizStreithorst
07-28-2010, 03:09 PM
When mine take an extended break I plop them back in the community tank for a while. Might be worth a try.

Keith Perkins
07-28-2010, 11:34 PM
Tried the no WC's thing, Tried cold water WC's, Tried PH up/down. Tried High TDS to Low TDS and vice versa. Lowered temp to 81, gonna leave it for a week then raise it to 86 again.

I don't see where you tried lowering the lights a bit and played Barry White music. :love: Discus are often frustrating, but it makes the successes that much sweeter. ;)

Eddie
07-29-2010, 12:08 AM
I don't see where you tried lowering the lights a bit and played Barry White music. :love: Discus are often frustrating, but it makes the successes that much sweeter. ;)

Hell yeah, candle light and a little red wine. Oh yeah! ;)

DiscusLoverJeff
07-29-2010, 11:55 AM
Maybe like some marriages, they are done with each other?

Have you tried to separate them for awhile?

DiscusLoverJeff

Discus-Hans
07-29-2010, 01:17 PM
Tosh in a 3rd one spice up the marriage a little, sometimes it works, but don't trow him/her in just before you go to bed and take a look some were the next morning. Do it in the weekend so you can keep an eye on them.

Worked for me before,

Hans

DiscusKev
07-29-2010, 01:34 PM
Tosh in a 3rd one spice up the marriage a little, sometimes it works, but don't trow him/her in just before you go to bed and take a look some were the next morning. Do it in the weekend so you can keep an eye on them.

Worked for me before,

Hans

The pair would probably get r@ped during midnight when your asleep. NO, not that term, I meant fighting :smash:

Double Up
07-29-2010, 02:39 PM
Hell yeah, candle light and a little red wine. Oh yeah! ;)

I've tried this !!!! Not candles, but lights music and such!!! Man, I'm a dork !!! :D

Double Up
07-29-2010, 02:40 PM
Maybe like some marriages, they are done with each other?

Have you tried to separate them for awhile?

DiscusLoverJeff

Then its a mutual thing cuz they get along great ! and yes, I have.

Double Up
07-29-2010, 02:41 PM

Worked for me before,

Hans

I shall try this in a couple weeks! Thanks Hans !!

aequifasciatus
07-29-2010, 07:35 PM
did the eggs hatch previously?

What are you feeding them?

Aequifasciatus

PS Geez Hans... I hope you were talking about the fish :D :D :D