PDA

View Full Version : Shipping Across Boarder

RyanGSP
07-31-2010, 01:04 AM
I am looking to get back into Discus now/ while I have some room in my reptile room and I have downgraded my Saltwater Tank.

I was wondering is any special forms needed for shipping Captive Bred Discus across the USA/Canada boarder? Any CITES needed or can they be shipped no problem.

Elite Aquaria
07-31-2010, 06:47 AM
I ship to Canada legally all the time.

RyanGSP
07-31-2010, 11:05 AM
How is it done? When I ship reptiles or livestock for my Saltwater I use Air Canada Live Cargo (flight). I would have to do this as well with Discus from the states.

What I am trying to figure out is if there are any permits or CITES to fill out to ship them across the boarder. Or can somone box them up and send them to me like they would any other animal.

angel al
07-31-2010, 02:39 PM
I just drove across the border from the States back into Canada. I made sure I had a reciept with the name, address & phone number of the seller. It must also have the scientific name of the fish & the amount you paid. If they ask tell them they are for your own personal use. When I went across they looked up the scientific name, made sure it was an allowed species & let me go without even looking at the fish or the quantity I was bringing in.