PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions on setting up tank

ilaizm
08-03-2010, 01:15 PM
Hi,

I am setting up a 95G tank and came across a few questions. Please have a look at the image attached to understand what I am saying.

1. Are the canister spraybar and canister intake placed in the best position in the tank? Or is any other location/position suggested?

2. I will be adding a CO2 diffuser. Where should I place this? I know my tank is too large for a diffuser. But the setup will be a low light setup and I am just looking to have a bit of CO2

thanks

Skip
08-03-2010, 01:48 PM
i am new to the game.. but i took out my plants.. until i get my fish settled.. for me.. plants AND discus. .is too much at this moment.. but i am sure you will get some great information here.. good luck!

ZX10R
08-03-2010, 03:06 PM
I have two canister filters running my 92 gallon corner tank. I have the spray bars along the top about 4" below the water level. The two intakes I have one about 2" above the substrate and the other intake is about middle of my tank hight.

tcyiu
08-03-2010, 10:24 PM
Is there any way you can put a downspout on the intake so that you draw water from near the substrate?

My fear is that the intake will just suck up the surface water which has dissolved oxygen, and leaves the bottom of the water column un-mixed. I know the internal filter output will create turbulence and therefore there will be some mixing of surface water and the whole water column ... but .....

I feel it would be conceptually better to agitate the surface with the spray bar, get lots of oxygen at the surface, and suck up the water from the bottom near the substrate.

Just an opinion.

Tim

Discus master
08-04-2010, 11:41 AM
Is there any way you can put a downspout on the intake so that you draw water from near the substrate?

My fear is that the intake will just suck up the surface water which has dissolved oxygen, and leaves the bottom of the water column un-mixed. I know the internal filter output will create turbulence and therefore there will be some mixing of surface water and the whole water column ... but .....

I feel it would be conceptually better to agitate the surface with the spray bar, get lots of oxygen at the surface, and suck up the water from the bottom near the substrate.

Just an opinion.

Tim

I use a spray bar and it works great I also use a 12 inch air stone at the back of the tank to keep water moving over my two heaters.