PDA

View Full Version : Discus pair ve spawn !!

hasitha
08-04-2010, 04:28 AM
This is the second time they did it. First time was a disaster since they picked power head as breeding ground. This time they ve glued eggs on side glass of other side of tank. Now I'm runing it in to all sorts of problems. :(

Even this time they have no hope since they are inexperienced and also this is a community tank with another 5 Discus and one Bolivian Ram. Parents are very protective about eggs but they are not removing white eggs.

Everytime I try to take a look at eggs all other discus rush to the glass driving parents crazy. Always ends up rest of the pack getting beaten their crap out. That goes to 2 male too. Specially female is very aggressive.

Anyway the whole thing makes everyone stressed, including my self. If there will be fry, is there a way to take them out of tank ?

Eddie
08-04-2010, 06:38 AM
This is the second time they did it. First time was a disaster since they picked power head as breeding ground. This time they ve glued eggs on side glass of other side of tank. Now I'm runing it in to all sorts of problems. :(

Even this time they have no hope since they are inexperienced and also this is a community tank with another 5 Discus and one Bolivian Ram. Parents are very protective about eggs but they are not removing white eggs.

Everytime I try to take a look at eggs all other discus rush to the glass driving parents crazy. Always ends up rest of the pack getting beaten their crap out. That goes to 2 male too. Specially female is very aggressive.

Anyway the whole thing makes everyone stressed, including my self. If there will be fry, is there a way to take them out of tank ?

Not really, since they chose the tank glass. Best option is to move the pair to a breeder and give them, you, and the rest of the fish some stress relief. Thats my opinion

Eddie

mmorris
08-04-2010, 09:26 AM
You could divide the pair off from the others and if the eggs hatch, as soon as the fry come detached from the glass, put them in another tank along with the parents. The parents might then eat them, and they might not.

hasitha
08-04-2010, 11:34 AM
You could divide the pair off from the others and if the eggs hatch, as soon as the fry come detached from the glass, put them in another tank along with the parents. The parents might then eat them, and they might not.

Is it okey to separate the fry right away from parents ?

deepflyball
08-04-2010, 02:06 PM
Are you asking to move the fry to another fish or to ween them??

Jerry

hasitha
08-04-2010, 02:18 PM
Ween. I guess its not gonna work. I saw an article about Artificially Rearing Discus fry but that's not something for newbies.