PDA

View Full Version : Royal Inanu spawn

dalejordan
08-09-2010, 02:37 AM
Hi all,

FINALLY was able to get a video or two tonight of what's going on here ( I hope this works...LOL )

Firstly, might as well let the cat out of the bag so to speak :-) These are the parents of what I will be calling mine "own" Red turquoise. Both fish are from the Inanu with tremendous red body color and a "classic" straight striation pattern. Both male and female show off very nicely for the camera :-) Yes, you can say it's presumptuous of me to assume a consistent offspring. However, I've worked with this Inanu lineage and MANY red turquoise forms in the past thirty years and do not feel there will be any surprises.....in other words, "I'm staking my reputation and playing the experience card on this one" !!!

Here's Mom and Dad of the "Jordan red turquoise" :-)

http://s847.photobucket.com/albums/ab33/guppy-boy/?action=view&current=MVI_1512.mp4

And just for your enjoyment I caught my bluehead heckle X with my female Inanu F2 in the act again.....hey NO white sand ,deep water or super special PH....only common sense breeding here:

http://s847.photobucket.com/albums/ab33/guppy-boy/?action=view&current=MVI_1513.mp4

Discus-n00b
08-09-2010, 02:42 AM
Wow those are impressive! Those are beautiful fish. Congrats on the spawns, I look forward to seeing your Jordan Red Turqs take off....i'm sure they will be a hit. :) That heckle looks like a monster.

vera
08-09-2010, 03:06 AM
Unbelievable !!! the colors on "Jordan red turquoise" are AMAZING!! man, how much i wish to have these mine :o

Eddie
08-09-2010, 03:34 AM
GGRRR, for some reason I can't view the first video but I could see the second one. That is a killer pair too. That Heckel is NICE!!!! All the best Dale and keep us updated on them!

ADD: Got the video to work, DAMN those are some KILLER fish Dale!!! Woohooo

Eddie

Ed13
08-09-2010, 09:29 AM
I follow the link for the first video and think cool nice fish then the fish turn towards the camera and my jaw hit the floor, SUPER nice Inanu red turks!

GGRRR, for some reason I can't view the first video but I could see the second one. That is a killer pair too. That Heckel is NICE!!!! All the best Dale and keep us updated on them!

ADD: Got the video to work, DAMN those are some KILLER fish Dale!!! Woohooo

Eddie
Well, first video worked for me, the second one didn't:p. Me thinks you follow the link for the Heckels first!:p

dean9922
08-09-2010, 09:46 AM
very nice Dale....now I want some of those to......lol

Disgirl
08-09-2010, 10:24 AM
Wow, those are amazingly beautiful Dale! Good luck with them!
Barb:)

ashaysathe
08-09-2010, 11:17 AM
AMAZING.. wonderful Dale.. Really nice.

luckyfind
08-09-2010, 05:31 PM
Thats great Dale. Those Inanu are amazing and quite the show offs. No holidays planned I hope,good luck.
Laurence

jball1125
08-09-2010, 06:35 PM
I agree, they are showoffs. After every pass they came for a nice pose in front of the camera. lol

Beautiful!!!!!!!

jimg
08-09-2010, 06:41 PM
Beauties!!! Good luck with them.

aequifasciatus
08-09-2010, 06:46 PM
Lovely fish Dale.
Actually, I think the big fella is coming over to the camera and saying "this is how REAL discus do it folks" :p :p :p

Now Dale,seeing as how you have mastered your video, how about a nice few minutes of ALL your fish and your fishroom please?

Aequifasciatus

jimg
08-09-2010, 07:03 PM
Lovely fish Dale.
Actually, I think the big fella is coming over to the camera and saying "this is how REAL discus do it folks" :p :p :p

Now Dale,seeing as how you have mastered your video, how about a nice few minutes of ALL your fish and your fishroom please?

Aequifasciatus

+1

dalejordan
08-09-2010, 07:08 PM
Lovely fish Dale.

Aequifasciatus

MASTERED ?? I think I created a few new profanities and will be contacting Webster with them tomorrow ...LOL. Man, I'm going to have to talk to someone about this ( i.e.....I need help ) !?! Does it usually take an hr to upload a 1 minute video to photobucket and is it common to fail 2-3 times ?? Once again...I hate computers ;-)

Sorry, I am off to another round of holidays this Wednesday till the 23rd. Hey, if you live where I do, you take advantage of ANY weather that's over freezing :-)

thanks again everyone for the kind words.

April
08-09-2010, 08:32 PM
put em on youtube. and guppy boy??? those are no guppies..lol. very nice..go get an iphone..and then just say upload to youtube or photobucket on the phone..and voila..its there.
ok..so ..sign me up for some..lol. do i have to come over and do daily wcs and feeds while your gone? im sure i could commute..

Eddie
08-10-2010, 01:09 AM
MASTERED ?? I think I created a few new profanities and will be contacting Webster with them tomorrow ...LOL. Man, I'm going to have to talk to someone about this ( i.e.....I need help ) !?! Does it usually take an hr to upload a 1 minute video to photobucket and is it common to fail 2-3 times ?? Once again...I hate computers ;-)

Sorry, I am off to another round of holidays this Wednesday till the 23rd. Hey, if you live where I do, you take advantage of ANY weather that's over freezing :-)

thanks again everyone for the kind words.

Hey Dale, I'll school you up on how to convert the video to WMV, it'll take less then 5 minutes. Uploading an MP4 file into photobucket is like trying to row a boat up river.

Eddie

dean9922
08-10-2010, 02:02 AM
Hey Dale, I'll school you up on how to convert the video to WMV, it'll take less then 5 minutes. Uploading an MP4 file into photobucket is like trying to row a boat up river.

Eddie

LMAO!!! and so true.....

MostlyDiscus
08-10-2010, 11:03 AM
Hi Dale,

Would love to see an update on the spawn when you get the chance.

Ed

John_Nicholson
08-11-2010, 05:06 PM
Dale nice looking fish....I'm just surprised that a newbie like yourself was able to spawn them...LOL.

-john

aequifasciatus
08-11-2010, 05:37 PM
Sorry Dale. I accept no excuses and take no prisoners. As Mr Nike says "JUST DO IT" :D :D :D
I think I've finally figured you out. You tempt us with these beautiful pictures and videos then you take of for a while :p :p :p
Have a good holiday mate and contact Eddie when you get back.

Aequifasciatus

dalejordan
08-11-2010, 05:59 PM
Dale nice looking fish....I'm just surprised that a newbie like yourself was able to spawn them...LOL.

-john

Yep.....someone told me to use nice hard, 72 degree water, Hartz mountain weekend feeder blocks and a good school of Jack Dempsey's as tank mates and poof....a Discus breeder is born.....tee hee

Thanks John, it's appreciated buddy :-)

dalejordan
08-11-2010, 06:17 PM
Sorry Dale. I accept no excuses and take no prisoners. As Mr Nike says "JUST DO IT" :D :D :D
I think I've finally figured you out. You tempt us with these beautiful pictures and videos then you take of for a while :p :p :p
Have a good holiday mate and contact Eddie when you get back.

Aequifasciatus

In regards to the video, Ashaye just sent me a program to change MP4's to WHV's ( whatever the H that means :-) So...hopefully, I'll be able to get those vid's that everyone is asking for.

And Aequif., sorry about the little tid bits....It will all come together soon ( thank you for the good wishes :-)

With that said, I'll be selling these bad boys ( Piwowarski RT's ) as well :-) More when I get back on the 23rd ..... LOL .....TAKE CARE ALL !!!

Discus-n00b
08-11-2010, 06:42 PM
Oh man someone is lucky to get those! I wish i was in Canada lol

dalejordan
08-11-2010, 07:19 PM
No worries....I will be distributing the offspring to the US :-)

Chad Adams
08-11-2010, 09:00 PM
Gorgeous fish Dale.
I bet the offspring will be beautiful!
Chad

Altum Nut
08-11-2010, 10:42 PM
Oh man someone is lucky to get those! I wish i was in Canada lol

Glad to be in Canada....all I can say is Mamma-Mia those are amazing.
Good luck with them. If Bob Wilson asks for some fry..I can personally bring them to him......Yaaaaaa right. Sorry Bob I forgot where you live! Ha ha

...Ralph

Eddie
08-12-2010, 01:24 AM
Gorgeous Piwo's Dale! I don't think you own a fish I do not want! :D

Good to hear Ashay got you squared away. Loading into PB will be a breeze now.

Talk later and enjoy your vacation.

Eddie

vera
08-12-2010, 01:29 AM
With that said, I'll be selling these bad boys ( Piwowarski RT's ) as well :-) More when I get back on the 23rd ..... LOL .....TAKE CARE ALL !!!
Love these boys :D
have great vac

Ed13
08-12-2010, 07:23 AM
I was finally able to see the second vid and man is that bluehead heckel a nice discus!!!

Eddie
08-12-2010, 07:30 AM
I was finally able to see the second vid and man is that bluehead heckel a nice discus!!!

Dang Ed, it just finished downloading. :D

John_Nicholson
08-12-2010, 09:17 AM
LOL. By the way I really enjoyed talking to you yesterday afternoon. Feel free to call anytime. I always enjoy talking fish. At least anytime before 9:00 C.S.T....I am getting old.

-john

Yep.....someone told me to use nice hard, 72 degree water, Hartz mountain weekend feeder blocks and a good school of Jack Dempsey's as tank mates and poof....a Discus breeder is born.....tee hee

Thanks John, it's appreciated buddy :-)

April
08-18-2010, 11:08 PM
john..to think you QUIT DISCUS!NOW YOU LIKE TO TALK FISH ? !OH YEAH...DALE DID ALSO..AND SO DID AQUIESFASCIATUS..
OH..AND EVEN HANS QUIT FOR A WEEK..OR SO..LOL.
NICE FISHIES DALE.. ...the first ones are turning out great..soon they will be as big as my alex piwowarski ones.

Eddie
08-19-2010, 12:53 AM
john..to think you QUIT DISCUS!NOW YOU LIKE TO TALK FISH ? !OH YEAH...DALE DID ALSO..AND SO DID AQUIESFASCIATUS..
OH..AND EVEN HANS QUIT FOR A WEEK..OR SO..LOL.
NICE FISHIES DALE.. ...the first ones are turning out great..soon they will be as big as my alex piwowarski ones.

HANS quit for a week, NO WAY! That would be the beginning of the Apocalypse! :D

aequifasciatus
08-19-2010, 05:23 PM
April, Eddie,

That's the secret to being a successful discus breeder. You MUST quit for a few years.
That's the only way you can work out how silly you were to stop in the first place :D:D:D

Hans did quit once. He went out for a meal:p:p:p

Have a great weekend

Aequifasciatus

dalejordan
08-22-2010, 11:25 PM
Yes, a break can be regenerative. HOWEVER, you quickly realize how much work, anxiety and stress these fish can create !!

I enclosed a picture of myself after only nine months of being back into Discus....they say you start looking like your pets....personally, I don't see it ...LOL

Just kidding all....I still love em !!!!!

ockyra215
08-23-2010, 07:38 AM
:DDale, How are the jordan turqs coming any spawns ready for sale? How are the Wattleys any ready? Let us know?

dalejordan
08-23-2010, 09:37 AM
Hi Dave,

WOW your in luck !!! My US rep will be in Philly, no shipping cost for you :-) I answered your question under the Japura post, but here it is again :

HOPEFULLY, we will have young for the end of Oct. and will be shipped out of Philadelphia. I will explain much more once I get my website etc together. DON'T PANIC everyone, I will be shipping into the US at NO EXTRA cost, NO USFW fees etc. The fish will be priced and shipped from Philly just as if they were raised there :-)

ONCE AGAIN...... I'm taking pre-orders, I'm open for questions and willing to help, and my phone number is (204) 668 9780. My direct email is.

dtb. jordan @ shaw .ca

Take care