PDA

View Full Version : digestive problem in artificial rearing

mumin16
08-11-2010, 07:53 AM
in artificial rearing, which "laxative drugs" and "enzymes" are used for digestive problem of fry?
Are cassia senna-based drugs might be useful?
Are the Drugs containing pancreatin, amylase, lipase and protease enzymes might be useful?

acroken
08-11-2010, 08:18 AM
in artificial rearing, which "laxative drugs" and "enzymes" are used for digestive problem of fry?
Are cassia senna-based drugs might be useful?
Are the Drugs containing pancreatin, amylase, lipase and protease enzymes might be useful?

Metamucil is a common additive to egg yolk mix for artificial rearing. I would check with Cliff Young. He has master the art of artificial rearing discus.

Kenny

stanlee
08-11-2010, 11:05 AM
is metamucil for human use or only from the vet?
where is it being sold.

Eddie
08-11-2010, 12:54 PM
is metamucil for human use or only from the vet?
where is it being sold.

Yes, it is for human use and can generally be bought at any local drug store.

http://www.google.com/images?q=metamucil&rls=com.microsoft:*&oe=UTF-8&startIndex=&startPage=1&safe=active&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi

stanlee
08-12-2010, 12:31 PM
thnks for the useful link.
unfortunately in spore, cannot find in any pharmacy, eveything except metamucil, and the reason i ask if it is actually for human consumption ( haven't search the vets in spore though, my last resort, if i really need it).

seems to be available in every country from your link though.
for fry feeding, can we live without it?
:)

CliffsDiscus
08-15-2010, 11:09 PM
There are couple of things you can use,
1. Salt
2. Agaragar
3. Metamucil(psyllium fiber)
4. Knox gelatin, not a laxative but a binder for the yolk.

most of the problems related to artifically rearing is during feeding, the hobbyist simply
doesn't know how much to feed yet. Different strains require different amount of food,
thats a double blindside.

Cliff