PDA

View Full Version : lost the knack

fishorama
08-12-2010, 04:14 PM
Today I made a new batch of seafood mix & I seem to have forgotten how to peel shrimp, shell peas, open clams, everything! It took a lot longer than than I remembered & lots messier. Had to consult my first post on clams to find Eddie's link but ended up just bashing the shells, quahogs are harder but I know I did them at least once before. Clam vivisection, poor things.

I have fishy juice all over the place & with the hot weather--:vomit: I even thought I was simplifying things: no banana or scallops this time, process carrots & spinach nice & smooth instead of grinding, too chunky. Had the discus taste test the shrimp to make sure it wasn't too big this time.

Another mistake was adding freeze dried earthworms to the grinder, my fish are not too fond of them so I thought why not? Well, they stuck inside the grinder parts & didn't come out easily :( Live & learn

Enough whining, back to clean up.

mmorris
08-12-2010, 04:41 PM
Another mistake was adding freeze dried earthworms to the grinder, my fish are not too fond of them so I thought why not? Well, they stuck inside the grinder parts & didn't come out easily :( Live & learn

Enough whining, back to clean up.
Awful job, isn't it? I put LIVE worms in the grinder once. You can't imagine the slimy mess. I can't bring myself to use the grinder again. I suppose I could sell it on Craig's list. :D

fishorama
08-12-2010, 07:17 PM
Ewww, Martha!

srusso
08-12-2010, 07:36 PM
Awful job, isn't it? I put LIVE worms in the grinder once. You can't imagine the slimy mess. I can't bring myself to use the grinder again. I suppose I could sell it on Craig's list. :D

Now I'm never buying anything from craigslist!!