PDA

View Full Version : Overdue Update on Fry from first succesful spawn...

Marfie
08-19-2010, 07:10 PM
Hey everyone! I had fallen of the forum for about the last 6 months since I have been really busy with medical school. My fish have been suffering since I didn't have space for a larger aquarium but I recently moved to a larger apartment. I sourced this 90 gallon on craigslist for 300 bucks and have put all my juveniles in it with a 2 other Discus. Luckily they were large enough to stand on their own. At any rate I have posted a short clip on youtube of my initial setup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBBnoEg5vB0&feature=youtube_gdata

I know normally the fry should have been much bigger at this point but as I said I was so busy didn't have much time to clean beef heart and all that. At any rate I'm proud to have done this considering I'm on a student budget. I used straight tap water with a decholrinator (I know most of you are cringing) and I did this even with the spawned eggs. I don't analyze pH, Nitrates, none of that (I have heaters though lol). On average I do 100% water changes twice a week and currently feed the fish beef heart from a presto food processor and tetra bits and tetramin pro crisps.

As far as the quality of fish goes I guess they are C- thereabouts as I also got them from craigslist lol, although I like how some of the fry are coming out. I live about an hr away from Hans discus but I will have to wait till I land a job I guess before I buy a pair from him :(

April
08-19-2010, 11:58 PM
id say you did very well with your schedules etc. and for a first time..