PDA

View Full Version : Estes Park, Colorado

samcatj
08-22-2010, 09:54 PM
I'm going to be in Estes Park, Colorado next weekend for a wedding. I would like to visit some good fish stores in the area or in Denver. Does anyone know of any good stores?

Will most likely be bringing fish back with me on the plane.

Thanks in advance,

Samcatj

Jennie
08-22-2010, 10:06 PM
In greeley there is animal attraction. Discus are 60 and up starting juvies. There is wvdiscus in denevr. He's a private hobbyist. check out the sponsor forum. Have fun in Estes! Too bad you arent coming later for the elk and fall colors! You'll have to pass greeley on way to Estes also so..

Jhhnn
08-22-2010, 11:01 PM
Airlines and the TSA are weird about live fish- you don't want to have to leave them at the airport. I don't know that it's impossible, just that I see it as too tricky to even try. If anybody having enough authority to don a uniform says no, the rest close ranks behind them...

I live in Denver, and I've yet to see LFS discus I'd touch with a pole. I'm running out of shops to visit, but I will confess that I haven't been to all of them. I haven't visited WVDiscus, so I can't say wrt whatever he might have. If you live in the US, ordering from a sponsor is the smart move. If in Canada, order from a Canadian sponsor. Fish I obtained from Kenny Cheung have done fantastically well- Can't say enough nice things about him.

Jennie
08-22-2010, 11:03 PM
ditto!
Airlines and the TSA are weird about live fish- you don't want to have to leave them at the airport. I don't know that it's impossible, just that I see it as too tricky to even try. If anybody having enough authority to don a uniform says no, the rest close ranks behind them...

I live in Denver, and I've yet to see LFS discus I'd touch with a pole. I'm running out of shops to visit, but I will confess that I haven't been to all of them. I haven't visited WVDiscus, so I can't say wrt whatever he might have. If you live in the US, ordering from a sponsor is the smart move. If in Canada, order from a Canadian sponsor. Fish I obtained from Kenny Cheung have done fantastically well- Can't say enough nice things about him.

Keith Perkins
08-23-2010, 08:10 AM

I certainly hear what you're saying here, and I'm sure you could run into the wrong guy in a uniform and have a problem, but my understanding is that a great number of fish were just carried onto planes after the Dallas NADA show. There's a thread around somewhere that either has the actual TSA rules or an e-mail from them and it appears in that transporting live fish is okay.