PDA

View Full Version : Help my fish is a little cut up.

danny2013
08-26-2010, 09:33 PM
While i was sitting at my desk i heard my discus splash around briefly. I also heard there top which is a piece of egg crate i use to keep them in rattle around. This has happened before but this time his face is a little cut up. He is roughly 6". Should I let it heal naturally or are there any medications i can use to heal up his cut? Thanks, Dan

Eddie
08-26-2010, 09:34 PM
While i was sitting at my desk i heard my discus splash around briefly. I also heard there top which is a piece of egg crate i use to keep them in rattle around. This has happened before but this time his face is a little cut up. He is roughly 6". Should I let it heal naturally or are there any medications i can use to heal up his cut? Thanks, Dan

Just keep the tank and water clean.

danny2013
08-26-2010, 09:44 PM
Yeah thats what i was thinking. They have got scratched up like this before but this time his cut was bigger. Maybe it is time to change the egg crate out for something else.

Eddie
08-26-2010, 09:50 PM
Keep an eye on it just in case a bacteria infection develops.

danny2013
08-26-2010, 09:57 PM
Not worrying about that. 50% water change daily.
Is Plexiglass aquarium safe? If so i may go to home depot and pick some up if so.
Thanks, Dan

Keith Perkins
08-26-2010, 11:54 PM
Not worrying about that. 50% water change daily.
Is Plexiglass aquarium safe? If so i may go to home depot and pick some up if so.
Thanks, Dan

It is, just make sure if you're going to use it you buy stuff that is stiff enough that when it's suspended just by it's edges it doesn't sag into your water. It wouldn't hurt anything if it did, it's just generally a drag and a hassle if it does.

dpt8
08-27-2010, 03:00 AM
Why not just buy the glass top ?? I have had very good luck with the two piece with hing in the middle made by the aquarium companies.. Stays clear and clean. No sagging :9)

stavro
08-27-2010, 03:18 AM
To heal the fish the good way is the clean and good water and if you want put stress coat API with aloe vera or any compani you want with aloe vera in your water!:)

boxters
08-27-2010, 03:40 AM
i would put some meth blue in the water to prevent infection or promethasyl