PDA

View Full Version : cold or stubborn

joshua 74
08-31-2010, 10:49 AM
hey all my discus breeding tank is under our garage its 100L tank with 150W heater. they are defiantly a breeding pair proven. water is great they have places to breed on there is just 2 options that i can think of to y they wont get it on lol. 1 they where moved about a week ago into the tank and just are not youst to it.2 the temp changes at night but i have a good heater in there even if they are under a garage i was shore it would be ok:confused:

scottthomas
08-31-2010, 05:59 PM
they where moved about a week ago into the tank

You are right. Its too early to to tell. Its hard I know, but be patient. I bet they will get it on soon enough.:)

Eddie
08-31-2010, 09:48 PM
hey all my discus breeding tank is under our garage its 100L tank with 150W heater. they are defiantly a breeding pair proven. water is great they have places to breed on there is just 2 options that i can think of to y they wont get it on lol. 1 they where moved about a week ago into the tank and just are not youst to it.2 the temp changes at night but i have a good heater in there even if they are under a garage i was shore it would be ok:confused:

I've had 2 pairs now that refuse to spawn in the breeding tank. Ironically, they are snakeskin variety. I've kept them in their tank for over 4 months and nothing. So 2 weeks is no time at all. :o

joshua 74
08-31-2010, 11:51 PM
its funny because i had them in a tank wit angels and 5 other discus they always tried there. now i give them a great environment and they wont lol do u think it may be a temp problem.

Eddie
09-01-2010, 12:38 AM
its funny because i had them in a tank wit angels and 5 other discus they always tried there. now i give them a great environment and they wont lol do u think it may be a temp problem.

Temp? No, more like exibitionists. Some fish like others to watch. LOL Seriously, some stubborn pairs will spawn if you add another fish to the breeding tank. But in your case, give them time to settle. Might be 3-4 weeks, might be 2 months. Be patient, if you are not patient, they will never breed and you'll never experience it. Patience is the greatest advice when it comes to breeding.

Eddie

Keith Perkins
09-02-2010, 06:38 PM
I tend to agree with Eddie. The one other thing that might be going on is that she just happened to enter her normal rest period at the same time that you moved them. If that's the case it'll be a couple of months or so, and again all you can do is be patient.