PDA

View Full Version : Discus Fry

hasitha
08-31-2010, 12:19 PM
I have this pair which keep spawning in community tank and this time there are like 12 wigglers. They seems to be attached to air stone tube by a tiny thread. They are moving and wiggling hard and it seems they are trying to break off. Parents do nothing but just staring at them.

It is ok to break free these wigglers ?

William Palumbo
08-31-2010, 12:45 PM
They will break free when ready to go freeswimming. Until then, they will "stick" there and wriggle...unless the parents move them to another spot which happens. I personally would not move them...Bill

hasitha
08-31-2010, 01:03 PM
Thanks. will these wrigglers servive, if I remove the air tube to another tank or bowl ?

kaceyo
08-31-2010, 06:25 PM
They would survive but the chances of raising them successfully are pretty slim. Parents won't usually raise so few and raising them w/out the parents is difficult and time consuming.
If you want to try your hand at breeding your best bet would be to put the pair in a tank of their own and let them try it again.

Keith Perkins
08-31-2010, 06:36 PM
They would survive but the chances of raising them successfully are pretty slim. Parents won't usually raise so few and raising them w/out the parents is difficult and time consuming.
If you want to try your hand at breeding your best bet would be to put the pair in a tank of their own and let them try it again.

+1