PDA

View Full Version : Should I separate parents?

ilaizm
09-01-2010, 01:00 PM
Hi,

For the first time I have fry which are 5 days old. I never arrived so far before. Since the fry attached to the parents, they have always attached to the male only. They never went on the female. Occasionally I see the male and female pushing each other but not frequently.

My question is - Should I remove the female from the breeding tank? Or is she no danger to the fry?

thanks

Some pics....

DerekFF
09-01-2010, 01:58 PM
I had to separate the mom/dad at 2 weeks because the mom went CRAZY on the dad. If its not bad then you can leave them, or just take the mom out as 1 parent can care for fry just fine.

vera
09-03-2010, 06:18 AM
hi Ilai , great sight , always wanted to c him this way :)
if parents are fighting its better to separate them , and since they attached to male -thats the way to go
did u start feeding BBS?
TC

ilaizm
09-03-2010, 07:26 AM
:)

Today is day 7. Will be trying to feed the fry today for the first time. However its impossible for me to hatch baby brine shrimp. So I thought of trying Instant Baby Brine Shrimp from Ocean Nutrition. Did you ever try it?

vera
09-03-2010, 07:34 AM
:)

Today is day 7. Will be trying to feed the fry today for the first time. However its impossible for me to hatch baby brine shrimp. So I thought of trying Instant Baby Brine Shrimp from Ocean Nutrition. Did you ever try it?

Everyone who tried them had a positive feed back :) , dont know , if Tarkus still have these ,u tried to hatch yrs or just dont have time ?i use sea water and have a great hatch rate