PDA

View Full Version : Growth rate

bob70
09-01-2010, 01:26 PM
This is my first thread in this forum. I have six discus with different sizes.I purchased them in different time. tank size 250 lt. I have one super red melon and one leopard SS. The growth rate of this two are very low. I fed them Tetra Bits, Shrimp and live worms. What is the reason for this?

Discus master
09-01-2010, 02:02 PM
This is my first thread in this forum. I have six discus with different sizes.I purchased them in different time. tank size 250 lt. I have one super red melon and one leopard SS. The growth rate of this two are very low. I fed them Tetra Bits, Shrimp and live worms. What is the reason for this?

Well we need a little more info here like how long have you had them? pictures are alwyas good, water paramters, feeding schdule and water change regimine, all help in diagnosing an issue if there is one to begin with. Also did you do a proper QT when you started adding discus?

bob70
09-01-2010, 08:49 PM
WC 10-15lits/week. Feeding - Live worms at morning, Chopped prawn at around 2 o'clock, Tetra bits at 7. pH 7.5, Hardness not measured, before adding fish i float the packet for around 20 mins then take the fish out. Pictures are not ready. I will post picture tomorrow.

joshua 74
09-01-2010, 09:40 PM
Do u know how old they are. Do they look stunted at all what size are they. And just another random q do they look like they have a sunken in stomach?? If so that could mean they haven’t been fed rite in the past and will have growth problems. i have made that mistake b4.