PDA

View Full Version : How do i install reflectix?

csarkar001
09-05-2010, 09:21 PM
trying to figure out the best way to install reflectix on my quarrantine tank in the basement. it is a 40 gal breeder and will sit in an unheated room.

i'm leaning towards simply using duct tape to attach it. does anyone have a better way?

Jhhnn
09-05-2010, 11:02 PM
I use clear packing tape for attaching stuff like that, but I'm sure duct tape would work fine...

Willie
09-06-2010, 11:29 AM
I use double sided tape. Make sure you get a tight seal to maximize insulation.

Willie

Moon
09-06-2010, 12:10 PM
I tried duct tape and it comes off after a few weeks. I use regular double sided tape now.

mlov1022
09-06-2010, 12:52 PM
I use clear packing tape ...+1, works perfect

zamboniMan
09-06-2010, 03:50 PM
I use double sided tape. Make sure you get a tight seal to maximize insulation.

Willie

+1

Discus master
09-06-2010, 10:13 PM
trying to figure out the best way to install reflectix on my quarrantine tank in the basement. it is a 40 gal breeder and will sit in an unheated room.

i'm leaning towards simply using duct tape to attach it. does anyone have a better way?

Sorry but what is reflectix? I am imagining it is some kind of material tht goes on the bottom or back of the tank to cut down on the refelctions? Like a background? of some sort.

CrazyAngels
09-06-2010, 10:37 PM
You can go to this website and learn all about it, basically you can put it on anything to keep heat in and cold out or the other way. Many fish breeders pack the fish bags in containers that have this instead of styrofoam to keep them warm for the transport. stuff works..

http://www.reflectixinc.com/

Sorry but what is reflectix? I am imagining it is some kind of material tht goes on the bottom or back of the tank to cut down on the refelctions? Like a background? of some sort.

Discus master
09-07-2010, 12:27 PM
You can go to this website and learn all about it, basically you can put it on anything to keep heat in and cold out or the other way. Many fish breeders pack the fish bags in containers that have this instead of styrofoam to keep them warm for the transport. stuff works..

http://www.reflectixinc.com/

I see now thanks for the link