09-06-2010, 01:32 AM
Hi everyone
i usually use netbook and the sound on it isnt good ,
is there any programm that can improve it
tnx

pcsb23
09-06-2010, 06:08 AM
Hi Vera,

The sound will be produced by an onboard sound card, likley hood is on a netbook you cannot change this, however external speakers will help.

You could use a plug in sound card, the ones from creative technologies are exceptional (though not cheap), you would then disable the onboard sound.

Although not on a netbook I have achieved studio sound quality using creative sound cards.

vera
09-06-2010, 08:59 AM
Hi Vera,

The sound will be produced by an onboard sound card, likley hood is on a netbook you cannot change this, however external speakers will help.

You could use a plug in sound card, the ones from creative technologies are exceptional (though not cheap), you would then disable the onboard sound.

Although not on a netbook I have achieved studio sound quality using creative sound cards.

Cool
Thank u Paul , i was looking in to attaching speakers , but it will reduce ability to move around , card would be connected through USB port or .. my knowledge in computer stuff is way too limited :o lol

aalbina
09-06-2010, 10:05 AM
Would headphones work for you? This is a pretty cheap way to bypass an inexpensive internal speaker on your netbook and hear what can really come from your sound card. Head phones also don't sacrifice portability. If the sound quality is still poor with headphones then you might look into a small portable external sound card.

Adam

vera
09-06-2010, 10:42 AM
Adam , u mean something with a bluethooth maybe , could b a good idea as well

pcsb23
09-06-2010, 10:44 AM
Headphones could be a good solution, I didn't think of them as I no longer use them :o

pcsb23
09-06-2010, 10:44 AM
U mean something with a bluethooth maybe , could b a good ideaI'd avoid these, get the ones with a mini jack on.

vera
09-06-2010, 10:48 AM
I'd avoid these, get the ones with a mini jack on.

ok ,
whats mini jack plz

aalbina
09-06-2010, 10:58 AM
ok ,
whats mini jack plz

I think Paul is referring to bluetooth - and recommending avoiding bluetooth. I agree on avoiding bluetooth - just a standard set of head phones you can buy at an electronics store. No real need to go wireless with the headphones unless you're using your computer as a music source rather than just trying to get a little better quality sound out of apps your currently using on your computer while your sitting behind it.

It sounds like Paul is a musician, as am I, and we're really holding back here probably because it's just going to be tough to get great quality sound out of a netbook without going with an expensive external sound card - which kind of defeats the purpose of buying a reasonably priced netbook that is ultra-portable.

For about 40 US dollars you can get a pretty decent pair of headphones that might be a simple solution to the problem. You could spend alot more - but buying headphones for what is likely a low cost RealTek sound card in your netbook - is just a waste of your money IMO.

Adam

vera
09-06-2010, 11:10 AM
Ah , i c yr point
sorry forgot to mention was going to use it to skype with my family
for playing music i still can use my sound system with surrounding on the other note wanted to get the "best it can " from netbook :)

aalbina
09-06-2010, 11:42 AM
Ah , i c yr point
sorry forgot to mention was going to use it to skype with my family
for playing music i still can use my sound system with surrounding on the other note wanted to get the "best it can " from netbook :)

For skype - you might want to invest in the headset microphone units - you'll be happier with the quality of the sound for conversation. Have fun!

Adam

vera
09-06-2010, 11:55 AM
Thank u :)
any particular brand ?

aalbina
09-06-2010, 03:17 PM
Thank u :)
any particular brand ?

I've used the Everyman from Skype before (http://shop.skype.com/headsets/usb/iss-talk-5115-everyman/) and it was OK. I've also used the Logictech ClearChat with another video conferencing tool (http://www.logitech.com/en-us/webcam-communications/internet-headsets-phones/devices/349) the link is not the same one I used but pretty close) it was pretty good too. With Skype - quality really depends more on your connection speed than your hardware.

Good luck!

Adam

pcsb23
09-06-2010, 04:17 PM
ok ,
whats mini jack plzSorry Vera, a mini jack is a small plug used in audio - found on the end of headphones!

I've used the Everyman from Skype before (http://shop.skype.com/headsets/usb/iss-talk-5115-everyman/) and it was OK. I've also used the Logictech ClearChat with another video conferencing tool (http://www.logitech.com/en-us/webcam-communications/internet-headsets-phones/devices/349) the link is not the same one I used but pretty close) it was pretty good too. With Skype - quality really depends more on your connection speed than your hardware.

Good luck!

AdamI've used Logitech ones too and they are decent enough :)

vera
09-06-2010, 04:58 PM
Thank u guys , really appreciate advice , from tomorrow will go to try out Logitech headphones at local shop

TC