PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Aqua plants buy/ship Canada

danjadragonfly
09-07-2010, 06:12 AM
Hello there,
does anybody know where I could buy reasonably priced Aqua plants either in Canada or a supplier who to ships to Canada?
Looking for floating plants such as Phyllanthus flutans
and Cryptocoryne, valissneria, onion plant.
thanks

rave 2468
09-07-2010, 07:21 AM
http://www.aquariumplants.com/

h2osanity
09-07-2010, 09:05 AM
You have a ton of resources so close to you in Markham and online:
Aquariumplants.com is good but pricey for shipping.

aquafloranurseries.com in BC, biosecure facility
franks aquarium in markham
kwas.ca/forum-hobbyists buy and sell
dras.ca
spencerjack.com see fish lists

danjadragonfly
09-09-2010, 06:22 AM
thanks so much you both I will follow up on your links.
I heard Aquariumplants has a bad reputation regarding the canadian supplier.

rave - did you ever order from them?

rave 2468
09-09-2010, 10:12 AM
thanks so much you both I will follow up on your links.
I heard Aquariumplants has a bad reputation regarding the canadian supplier.

rave - did you ever order from them?

No i have never ordered from them, but just heard that they are good and they ship to Canada

danny2013
09-09-2010, 01:06 PM
I have ordered from them and had no problems. I actually would recommend them!

h2osanity
09-09-2010, 02:55 PM
Ordering anything into Canada can be a challenge, across Canada is or can be really expensive. We have a lot more issues than our American brethren (and sisteren ;) ) Think of it as trying to send things to Alaska even if it is only 20 minutes over the border into Ontario (or Manitoba etc...)

I have ordered from aquariumplants.com too, good plants but shipping was exorbitant to Ontario from Manitoba ($65) and the window for shipping is closed in the winter (freezing temps) and iffy in the summer (too hot). I deal almost exclusively now with private hobbyists.

Aquatic Magic on ebay, or aqmagic.com is also a good place to order bare root plants or bulbs. The Free Shipping option is free but is slow to Ontario so if you want to order, do it now before the cold weather starts. I have had stuff in transit for 28 days but arrive fine. I wouldn't recommend mosses from there to Ontario, slow shipping is a killer for mosses.

Moon
09-09-2010, 05:06 PM
Auction season is starting. Try some of the local club auctions. Lots of plants for sale. Hamilton auction is October 3rd and Kitchner is towards the end of October.

danjadragonfly
09-12-2010, 10:40 AM
Hello Moon,
I never head of these auctions. Could you please give me more information on where to get the dates and location of the auctions.
Thanks so much
Anja

h2osanity
09-12-2010, 11:27 AM
You can go to the club's websites to find the dates for the closest auctions, for instance kwas.ca for the kitchener-waterloo aquarium society but I can help you out with that a bit...

kwas is holding their big auction and show called Oktoberfish, in Waterloo on Sunday October 24.

Hamilton and district (HDAS) is on October 3, in Waterdown, ON.

There is a listing of all fish clubs in the area on the CAOAC website (caoac.ca)

Locally for you is the Durham Region Aquarium Society (dras.ca) contact or visit the site for more info on their auctions.

Moon
09-12-2010, 07:18 PM
You can go to the club's websites to find the dates for the closest auctions, for instance kwas.ca for the kitchener-waterloo aquarium society but I can help you out with that a bit...

kwas is holding their big auction and show called Oktoberfish, in Waterloo on Sunday October 24.

Hamilton and district (HDAS) is on October 3, in Waterdown, ON.

There is a listing of all fish clubs in the area on the CAOAC website (caoac.ca)

Locally for you is the Durham Region Aquarium Society (dras.ca) contact or visit the site for more info on their auctions.

There you go.
All you need to know. If you happen to be at the Hamilton auction come and say hello to me. Just ask for Joe.