PDA

View Full Version : EMERGENCY

1eyedtuna
09-08-2010, 10:53 PM
I my two discus were fine until now.
I did a 60% water change this morning and now they are sitting on the bottom of the tank not swimming around kinda leaning to one side......what do i do!!!!!!!!!??????

Skip
09-08-2010, 11:01 PM
I my two discus were fine until now.
I did a 60% water change this morning and now they are sitting on the bottom of the tank not swimming around kinda leaning to one side......what do i do!!!!!!!!!??????

first of all.. breathe.. !

second..
what TIME was WC?
is the behavior out of line for them?
What % WC is Normal, was it this time?
What Water Conditioner did you use?
did you add anything else?
What size are the discus?
How Long has your tank been setup?
Barebottom or substrate?
what is your filteration?

start by answering those questions.. before somebody can help.. ok.. :antlers:

Jennie
09-08-2010, 11:05 PM
water parameters are also necessary.

flyer1988
09-08-2010, 11:09 PM
Did you add a chlorine remover? if not please do so ASAP. If you did check the temp. Im assuming that your tank is cycled rite? If not well you pretty much know whats wrong. Perhaps it could be a spike in water temp change chances are they will make it but it does add alot of stress. In addition inorder to reduce some stress you might want to turn the tank light out this is going to be tempting since I understand that you might want to keep an eye on the fish's behavior, but do them a favor and let them settle. In addition if you seem to resolve your problems, start doing water changes more frequently so that they may adjust to this, will greatly help in the long run, as I usually change 40-50% of water every 2 days. Please note that I am no expert but well I wanted to help the most I could.:)

Skip
09-08-2010, 11:11 PM
water parameters are also necessary.

my bad DL65... thanks for getting my back.. :D

Jennie
09-08-2010, 11:13 PM
looks to have had fish awhile so thinking something is off in his/her water. He/she needs to check that pronto along side remembering if they used prime.

Keith Perkins
09-08-2010, 11:32 PM
Not sure how long everyone is going to be up waiting for more info, so I'm going to make one blind suggestion. I doubt seriously this is the root of your problem, but I'd try adding some extra air to the tank. There almost certainly is something else going on, but an extra airstone might help in the recovery process, and it certainly can't hurt.

Skip
09-08-2010, 11:36 PM
i am out keith.. i have 5am GYM workout.. ciao!!

i hope they just chilling in the corner and being moody.. :alien:

joshua 74
09-09-2010, 09:12 PM
lets hope they purked up fine nd he/she didnt need help any more.:D

DerekFF
09-10-2010, 12:44 AM
Hope things worked out. Maybe next time post in the disease area as there is a questionare there to fill out that gives you a list of basic questions to answer so that next time we can help you better and more quickly