PDA

View Full Version : Popped eye

thang45
09-14-2010, 09:59 AM
Hello everyone,

I just found out that one of my discus has popped eye and it looked pretty serious.

I cannot figure out why he got popped eye because for the past 4 weeks I have been doing 50% WC almost every other day, and 2 weeks ago I cleaned out two of eheim 2217 and replace the fine filter pads.

Here is what I think might have caused it. I turn off my UV for 3 weeks and when cleaning the tank I scrubbed the inside top part of the glass and allow the dirt to go back into the water. Do you guys think this may have something to do with the popped eye?

I have setup a 20g QT yesterday. After work I'm planning to remove the sick discus to the QT and treat him with Furan-2. Or should I use MARACYN and MARACYN-2?

Eddie
09-14-2010, 05:28 PM
Hello everyone,

I just found out that one of my discus has popped eye and it looked pretty serious.

I cannot figure out why he got popped eye because for the past 4 weeks I have been doing 50% WC almost every other day, and 2 weeks ago I cleaned out two of eheim 2217 and replace the fine filter pads.

Here is what I think might have caused it. I turn off my UV for 3 weeks and when cleaning the tank I scrubbed the inside top part of the glass and allow the dirt to go back into the water. Do you guys think this may have something to do with the popped eye?

I have setup a 20g QT yesterday. After work I'm planning to remove the sick discus to the QT and treat him with Furan-2. Or should I use MARACYN and MARACYN-2?

For popeye, Maracyn-2

thang45
09-15-2010, 11:52 PM
For popeye, Maracyn-2

Well I tried furan-2 on a QT tank and his pop eye is better. I will continue with the treament and hopefully he can recover.

I noticed a small section of his fin is rotting. Hopefully Furan-2 will fix that too.

Eddie
09-16-2010, 12:29 AM
Well I tried furan-2 on a QT tank and his pop eye is better. I will continue with the treament and hopefully he can recover.

I noticed a small section of his fin is rotting. Hopefully Furan-2 will fix that too.

Thats good, furazolidone (component of Furan-2) is also effective on internal bacteria infections.