PDA

View Full Version : Wow im confused

KeonTheKing
09-14-2010, 09:28 PM
For the past week my discus has been scared of me for some reason. At night i see it swims normally. And as soon as i walk into my room during the day it hides...... IS THERE any sort of explanation for discus to randomly be scared of their owners i mean for like 5 months it came toward me ._.

Eddie
09-14-2010, 09:36 PM
For the past week my discus has been scared of me for some reason. At night i see it swims normally. And as soon as i walk into my room during the day it hides...... IS THERE any sort of explanation for discus to randomly be scared of their owners i mean for like 5 months it came toward me ._.

IME, 99% of the time I can relate this to water quality. Even if you are showing 0 for ammonia/nitrites and low nitrates, up the water changes/amount. I always find this returns them to their normal selves. ;)

KeonTheKing
09-14-2010, 09:49 PM
IME, 99% of the time I can relate this to water quality. Even if you are showing 0 for ammonia/nitrites and low nitrates, up the water changes/amount. I always find this returns them to their normal selves. ;)

I also had a question is Overdosing the chlorine/chloramine conditioner bad for them? Because i think i put the wrong dose last time.

Eddie
09-14-2010, 10:48 PM
I also had a question is Overdosing the chlorine/chloramine conditioner bad for them? Because i think i put the wrong dose last time.

It can but depends on the type. Some can be used at higher dosage but its adviseable to keep it at the amount required.

yourhero5002
09-15-2010, 01:50 PM
Just lower the lighting a bit. And if you think you overdose, then a water change would be nice. Plus, itLL fix up your wayer chemistry if that may be the problem