PDA

View Full Version : Cloudy Eye

bluesky5683
09-17-2010, 04:00 PM
Yesterday I went to my friend's house and I saw one of his discus has a cloudy eye and he told me it started happen two days ago and he is already treating them with the medi and I ask him why dont he treating with salt first and keep up on the water change, he said he didnt know he can use this way to treat the cloudy eye and then he asked me a question which I didnt know how to answer him so I am gonna ask you guys and hope someone can help me out here. The question is can he sop the medi treatment and switch to fresh water with salt treat treatment right now since he is already done the medi treatment for two days now?

Eddie
09-17-2010, 09:28 PM
What is the medi?

yourhero5002
09-17-2010, 09:38 PM
Most diseases that cause eye infections are related to microbial parasites. If your friend has already started the treatment, it is best to just keep going with it. If you switch, then, the surviving parasites may develop an immunity to the medication- and that is never good.

Since you say your friend has already done this for 2 days, chances are most treatments are 3-7 days, and if the fish and other tankmates are not stressed from the drug, then it should be okay to continue.

At least next time your friend will know that salt + WC can also do the trick.

bluesky5683
09-17-2010, 10:37 PM
I think he use Myracyn I!

Eddie
09-17-2010, 10:54 PM
I think he use Myracyn I!

Then yes, continue with the treatment. Antibiotics should not be stopped prematurely.

But yes, cloudy eye is generally dealt with by improving water quality.

Eddie

bluesky5683
09-17-2010, 11:25 PM
On the Package it says treat for 5 days, do you think he should continue if there still a little bit?

Eddie
09-17-2010, 11:31 PM
On the Package it says treat for 5 days, do you think he should continue if there still a little bit?

The package says 5 so do five but if it seems to be improving but not fully gone, go for 10 days.

Eddie

bluesky5683
09-17-2010, 11:52 PM
Thank you Eddie, I am gonna call him and tell him now!