PDA

View Full Version : white feces

victor_r
09-18-2010, 07:02 PM
have two pigion blood and three blue turq now i havent seen anything from the turqs but from the pb there feces will be brown then white then brown and i mean its all in the same piece of feces and also not stringy they all act fine eat great and swim all over one of the pb is what i would call pail now if im right these seem like signs of a tapeworm do i treat with Praziquantel
and should i treat the entire tank or qt them also i dont have any Praziquantel
were can i get some i order from dr fosters a bit and seen they got some in a liquid i guesse i dont know what brands are good or even if that would matter also i have just got done treating them with metro im assuming i mist diagnost them i was feeding them the metro for one week and i stopped one day ago

Eddie
09-18-2010, 07:20 PM
have two pigion blood and three blue turq now i havent seen anything from the turqs but from the pb there feces will be brown then white then brown and i mean its all in the same piece of feces and also not stringy they all act fine eat great and swim all over one of the pb is what i would call pail now if im right these seem like signs of a tapeworm do i treat with Praziquantel
and should i treat the entire tank or qt them also i dont have any Praziquantel
were can i get some i order from dr fosters a bit and seen they got some in a liquid i guesse i dont know what brands are good or even if that would matter also i have just got done treating them with metro im assuming i mist diagnost them i was feeding them the metro for one week and i stopped one day ago

Nothing to treat for IMO. The different colors in feces are not an indicator of tapeworm. If the feces is dark and clear, like areas of intestine lining, then it may be a problem but I would keep feeding them well and watch for more of this type of feces. Also, a picture of the feces would be better.

victor_r
09-18-2010, 09:58 PM
the best pics i can get

Eddie
09-18-2010, 10:09 PM
Have you ever wormed them? I'd worm them, that pigeon looks fairly young. It will clean them out and allow them to grow. If they take flakes, feed them De-Worming flake from Angel Plus, good stuff.

Eddie

victor_r
09-18-2010, 10:12 PM
no i never have i just used metro

Eddie
09-18-2010, 10:15 PM
no i never have i just used metro

Good stuff

http://www.angelsplus.com/FlakeMedicated.htm

victor_r
09-18-2010, 10:50 PM
would PraziPro or Fish Tapes Dewormer from dr foster and smiths work

Eddie
09-18-2010, 10:54 PM
would PraziPro or Fish Tapes Dewormer from dr foster and smiths work

No, the flake is for roundworms not tapeworms. Your fish most likely do not have tapeworms.