PDA

View Full Version : motoro with discus

matt2426
09-19-2010, 01:04 AM
i know there has been a few postings about discus with stingrays. but half say its fine and the other half say not to do it. i decided to go ahead and give it a try i qt a motoro for about 2 weeks hes been tank raised no issues or disease or anything.i put him in with my discus today. not really sure what to think i love the motoro. but the discus seem a little tight not s ure if this is just a adjustment phase let me know if you guys have tried this combo and what to expect thanks alot hope to hear back from you guys take care

DiscusOnly
09-19-2010, 10:47 AM
How big is your tank?

matt2426
09-19-2010, 11:13 AM
How big is your tank?

its only a 125 i know i will have to get a bigger tank evenually or get rid of the ray when he out grows the tank. I got the ray from a hobbiest that breeds stingrays and he told me that when the ray out grows the tank he'll trade me for a smaller one

Ed13
09-19-2010, 11:58 AM
Pics?? I love motoro rays!!!

matt2426
09-19-2010, 12:38 PM
Pics?? I love motoro rays!!!

i will once he gets settled

rly
09-20-2010, 05:56 PM
I kept a motorro with 5or6 adult discus close to a year the only trouble i ever had was on more than one ocasion at dinner time the motorro would trap a discus between hin and glass upset me pretty good saw no ill effects on the discus ,once he was out he acted sane as always.I really enjoyed the stingray just noy enough space for him in my opinion so had to sell
ron

matt2426
09-20-2010, 10:49 PM
thanks for the replys. my discus seem to be real stressed since i added the stingray. everythings the same execpt for adding the ray. the ray was qted and came from a good source is this just an adjustment phase or should i just get rid of the ray. i know the two can be put toghether but i dont want my discus dieing over this stingray

tbone83
11-21-2010, 05:20 AM
no not going to work, unless you have a 1000 gal tank with plent of room for the ray and hiding spots for discus but still i wouldnt

mareshow
11-30-2010, 11:28 PM
no not going to work, unless you have a 1000 gal tank with plent of room for the ray and hiding spots for discus but still i wouldnt

i disagree, motoro get about 24" across so you'd need an appropriate tank size why not try something that doesnt grow quite as big such as p. hystrix or p. scobina they both only grow to a max of 12" or so. there is another small species of ray called reticulated but if your new to rays dont get these, tough to get them feeding and if you do they still are really finicky