PDA

View Full Version : Difference between Wayne's blues and spots

uberdave
09-23-2010, 09:48 PM
Hi, I am thinking of getting some wayne's blues but can't really tell the distinction of all of his. Perhaps you can shed some light on the difference between a super angel diamond, blue titan, blue knight, reflection deep, violet reflection.

The other thing is Wayne's spotted, the shooting stars, sunrise eruptions, and spotted eruptions.

What could I expect when I order these spotted fish, I am looking for just lots of spots and I notice some LSS has more individual spots than Wayne's spotted fishes. Please educate me.

ockyra215
09-23-2010, 10:34 PM
I suggest you contact Dan Espinosa he imports Waynes fish and is the US distributer he can tell you everything you need to know.
www.eliteaquaria.com
Hes also a sponsor here on the forum can answer all you r questions I suggest you give him a call he is very informative!:D

uberdave
09-25-2010, 12:30 PM
Thanks for the reply, I am wondering if anyone who bought the fish knows the difference.

Eddie
09-26-2010, 05:05 AM
I'll tell you, the Super Angel Diamonds are flipping GORGEOUS! :D

alpine
09-26-2010, 09:33 AM
They sure are !

uberdave
09-26-2010, 09:57 PM
Anyone can give me specifics as to what each strain differs to each other?

Eddie
09-26-2010, 11:31 PM
Anyone can give me specifics as to what each strain differs to each other?

Super Angel Diamond is a solid blue fish, similar to a blue diamond with a very unique high body shape.

Royal Blue Titan is a cross between a Super Blue Angel and Blue Knight, it is basically a cobalt but with the Wayne's unique shape. The body is solid blue with some striating lines in the fins.

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=74743

Blue Knight is a very high body fish that is similar to a blue turquiose. Some have more striating lines than others.

Eddie

uberdave
09-27-2010, 07:58 AM
Thanks for the info, thats exactly what I am looking for. I can make better decision when buying them.

All those discus have been developed thru the years
and with every improvement Wayne makes new names for them.

New hobbyists wont easily spot the difference among the fishes especially when they are young.

All Wayne blues have shared bloodline of each other.

Reflections to blue knight- to blue angel and newest are the blue titans.
The super angel blue diamonds are always in between and backcrossed and constantly still being improved to get higher body, larger size and red eyes.

Blueknight is Waynes trademark fish developed for 10 generations- when small are really like brilliant turquoise or blue turquoise and when grown turn more solid

The blue angel are different from angels blue diamond-
blue angels yes are the cobalt type looking fish and will turn solid blue early as they grow. They have honeycomb and lines on the fin same as non blue diamond fishes when adult.

Blue angel has blood of blue knight and super angels diamond.
Blut titan correct- blue kngith and blue angel improvement cross

The lss lines- shooting starts- eruptions - sunrise eruptions are also
same line fish and improved in further generations thougout the years.

shooting stars came from waynes line of snakeskinx red spotted. Eruption
have improved spotting thru the years and creating better quality spots earlier and so Wayne names it Sunrise eruption since he says they spot early.

Waynes fishes especially the blues are noted to always be high body and carry giant size genes.

Elite Aquaria
09-27-2010, 08:01 AM
Very good explanations of each strain. If you want more details give me a call.