PDA

View Full Version : Discus has weird symptom

Discusfanatic_1
09-24-2010, 02:16 PM
Hi,

I just noticed that there is something coming out of my Discus's anus, for lack of better word. I'm not sure what it is but it is not eating like it usually is. The other discus in the tank are normal and eating. I don't know what's wrong with this one. I was assuming it's intestinal parasite.

Any idea?

Thanks!

Eddie
09-26-2010, 04:25 AM
Hi,

I just noticed that there is something coming out of my Discus's anus, for lack of better word. I'm not sure what it is but it is not eating like it usually is. The other discus in the tank are normal and eating. I don't know what's wrong with this one. I was assuming it's intestinal parasite.

Any idea?

Thanks!

Yeah, whats it look like? Is it white? If its a deep red, could be callamunus worms.

Discusfanatic_1
09-27-2010, 11:49 PM
The feces is black and now it seems normal, eating okay, but it has clamped fins. I still don't know what's going on with it.

Thanks.

Eddie
09-28-2010, 02:41 AM
Uh.....okay, black coming from the anus. Fish do actually excrete feces and it can be different colors. LOL

Jennie
09-28-2010, 07:00 AM
geez Eddie:D...still doesn't explain clamped fins?

Skip
09-28-2010, 12:39 PM
Hi,

Any idea?

Thanks!

how often have you been doing your water changes? maybe he is just low man in pecking order...

idk
you are not giving enough information.. find the BLANK Sick form fill it out and come back...

mathao
09-29-2010, 12:45 AM
http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=38545

copy and paste the form in the link and fill out, you'll get more help with more info.

Discusfanatic_1
10-04-2010, 11:12 PM
Hey guys sorry for the late late response, I have been busy with school.

The discus seem to be doing fine after a few days although he is not the same as before. He still showed sign of clamped fins at time.