PDA

View Full Version : new fish

victor_r
09-29-2010, 07:19 PM
so i just picked up two new red turq 4 inch and got home and apparently i didnt check them out all that good at the pet shop one of them looks and acts just fine but the other has a little bumb on its side almost like a pimple also its feces dont look good so ill treat with (angels deworming thanks eddie) but what about the pimple thing im a little upset for picking it out and missing that but igot to deal with it now
at the store they all swimming around and looked good but they dont have as muck light as i do and yes they in qt

Jennie
09-29-2010, 08:14 PM
sometimes body parasites can burrow into the skin and cause the pimple look. Can you post pictures of the fish?

victor_r
09-29-2010, 08:43 PM
well i think i just took about 100 pics and cant even see it my pics are to blury ok so i have never delt with a parisite is there a general cure for them or do i need no know exacly what it is

Jennie
09-29-2010, 08:52 PM
could be any number of things. Should be a guarantee on the fish. Take it back.

victor_r
09-29-2010, 08:56 PM
well its not to local but i might drive back this sucks

victor_r
09-30-2010, 01:15 PM
its getting worse and now its *** looks like its going to blow out and its all yellow

victor_r
09-30-2010, 11:19 PM
called the pet store and they gave me teclocyclipele i think that what it is but they are sure it is bacteria infection

Jennie
10-01-2010, 05:44 AM
Are they still going to guarantee the fish?

victor_r
10-01-2010, 05:12 PM
they said they would but i said i would try the meds first

Jennie
10-01-2010, 06:50 PM
that's good because the way I see it, you are preserving it's health beyond the 2 week usual guarantee on live fish.

victor_r
10-01-2010, 09:53 PM
they know me well they said i probably didnt see any thing wrong with the fish when i was picking them out and they think they might of hurt them when they netted it

Jennie
10-01-2010, 10:00 PM
Keep us updated on any progress.

victor_r
10-03-2010, 08:47 PM
he died today so ill be taking the live one back to traid i wanted all pairs and no odd balls and i got the credit for the dead one the two i have saved are a purple cobalt i think there a blue cobalt but i seen them they are a really distinct purple only ones ive ever seen like it has anyone seen them purple before ill go down wednesday to get them and will get photos

Jennie
10-03-2010, 08:52 PM
should just stick with sponsors here. Sterilize your tank before you get more!

victor_r
10-03-2010, 08:56 PM
i think your right with the sponsor thing i was thinking hans discus for the others im thinkin of or discusmadness.com has anyone herd of them and good or bad

Jennie
10-03-2010, 09:03 PM
no comment, never bought from them, not a sponsor here

Fish Finatics
10-03-2010, 10:12 PM
Gee, right up my alley right discuslover!!!!! LOL :D

Yes Victor, I have used DM three times in recent months and have a forth order into them now out of desperation. I, thus far have been happy with their discus and service, well shaped and colored, clean and healthy and represented to me to be the size inwhich I recieved them. I have not gotten into any of their fancier stuff as I am really wild caught headed.

I would obviously buy from them again as that is exactly what I need to do now in order to expand a shoal of juvies. I've kind of got an emergancy situation here and need discus fast. They are a bit on the expensive side however but every fish I have bought from them thrives, no losses. :)

Take the same advice I was given just TODAY (or last night?). Do a search under Discus Madness. Many people have had problems but most reviews were positive and Mathius has a real nice personality and has been very helpful thus far. There is only one discus I bought from him I did not like, only because of her color, she is an egg factory otherwise and started laying inside of two weeks in her new home here. Stay away from his deep red turquoises, very washed out muted colors. He also makes a highly rec. beef heart mixture which breeders on this site use for their own discus!