View Full Version : Newbe to SD from Michigan

Danimal
09-30-2010, 07:56 PM
hi all, i just found this site last night and it seem great so far
i have been keeping Discus for a few years nowin my 115 gallon some what planted tank,

i look forward to taking part in this site
and i would love to see a Discus show in my area

dan

Skip
09-30-2010, 08:21 PM
WELCOME!!

see how close you are to CENTRAL OHIO DISCUS.. he has some great spotted fish!!

i just started posting and have found several hobbyist here in texas. .and they have been a tremendous help and i will continue to expand my discus network..

once again!! welcome!!

Danimal
10-02-2010, 07:57 PM
MapQuest said they are about 200 miles away, so i dont know

thanks

Jennie
10-02-2010, 08:11 PM
I don't know how far you are from Bill Palumbo(chicago) but you can give him a try

Naexus
10-03-2010, 02:30 PM
Welcome to SD from another SE Michigan member!

Danimal
10-03-2010, 07:19 PM
Naexus, do you know of any places in the area that sell Discus other then Choice Aquarium in Farmington ? also Fantastic Fins in Livonia ?

dan

Naexus
10-03-2010, 07:51 PM
The only place I would buy from locally would be Cary at Choice, he stocks Stendkers but of course he may not have the exact strain you are looking for and you will pay the pet store markup. I ordered my last batch from Kenny and couldn't be happier. The best bet "locally" like warlock said would be Mike of Central Ohio Discus in terms of being able to see the fish in person.

Danimal
10-03-2010, 08:02 PM
i have got a few from Cary and he is a great help, i got two from RockyMountain and the first one was great but when i ordered the second one it died, i guess there was too much of a PH shift that i did not expect since the first one had no problems,
he did say he will replace it but still waiting
buying on line scares me a little because i got burned by SomethingFishy, they sent me two fish just full of peppering
i guess it nice to see them in person (all though RockyMountain's fish are nice fish )

nc0gnet0
10-04-2010, 04:01 PM
preus pets in lansing is supposed to carry Discus from Hans......although it would be hard to say if they only carried Han's Discus.......

All in all your much better ordering from one of our sponsors, and much safer.

Danimal
10-04-2010, 05:50 PM
i think i will see what Hans is all about
a lot of people talk good about them

Danimal
10-07-2010, 08:24 PM
i found out that Fantastic Fins in livonia, mi. sells Hans as well

thanks for the great input

dan

Naexus
10-07-2010, 08:50 PM
I have not been to Fantastic Fins, might have to swing by there one day just to see what they have.