PDA

View Full Version : Aquatic Fundamentals 75/90 Gallon Stand

DiscusBR
10-01-2010, 10:22 PM
Anyone has it? Reviews? Strong enough? Good internal space in the cabinet area?

This stand is not expensive (about $170 USD), but I wanted to get some feedback about its quality before deciding to buy one. Thanks in advance.

peterhql
12-13-2010, 11:23 PM
Not sure if you still need this info. I'm currently using this stand. It was super cheap. Surprisingly sturdy. Easy to assemble. Somewhat water resistant. Not horribly ugly but leaves something to be desired in the style dept.

I've had three stands so far
Oceanic tech tank stand - pure garbage wobbled and soaked up water like a sponge. This cost the most money
Petsmart cherry rustic stand - not bad and sturdy but pretty ugly if you want something modern
Af 90 gallon stand - best one so far

The price is so cheap though that you can use this while you find something better.

Eddie
12-13-2010, 11:27 PM
Or just build your own at half the price. :)

peterhql
12-14-2010, 12:10 AM
Or just build your own at half the price. :)

I always wished I had some woodworking ability, sadly that is a skill I lack.

http://www.projectaquarium.com/plantedAquariumArticles_ADAAquariumStand.aspx
- someone come over and make me one of these.

DiscusBR
12-14-2010, 12:20 AM
Eddie: I would not trust putting my discus tank in a stand that I have built :)

peterhql: I have already purchased the stand, but thanks anyway for the info. Hard to know how it looks, since I have not assembled it yet (I will be moving in few weeks). But I have the impression that you are right: it was cheap and it does not look bad.

The tank and the stand in your second posting look amazing. Great job :thumbsup:

Eddie
12-14-2010, 12:21 AM
I always wished I had some woodworking ability, sadly that is a skill I lack.

http://www.projectaquarium.com/plantedAquariumArticles_ADAAquariumStand.aspx
- someone come over and make me one of these.

You could do it, I have faith in you. :antlers: Its a project and you will learn as you go. Then you will want to build all your stands!

spiffyfish
12-14-2010, 01:32 AM
i am currently building one for my tank, but mine is completely out of metal. good luck with your stand though, dont think you should have any problems with it or getting it together.