PDA

View Full Version : Hello all.

winschuc
10-06-2010, 09:36 AM
So I've got to say, this site is amazing. I am completely new to discus (previously had Oscars, pacu and when i was a kid piranha) Just moved to a new house and lost my pacu : (

I was looking through the "what not to buy" thread and honestly it made me a little nervous. The discus at my lfs appear to be very healthy and are definitely responsive to people around them (the entire tank swarms to me when i walk by. and especially when i hold my hand over it.) However, they don't sell the specific breed(s) that I want. (Marlboro red). Is there any reputable place to get them online? Looking at discusmadness.com but don't know anyone who has eve used them.

Thanks again for all the great info on here!

Skip
10-06-2010, 09:42 AM
Discus Hans.. Hands Down..

Jennie
10-06-2010, 10:10 AM
There are many good sponsors and hobbyist breeders here on this forum. Take your time and read through the forum, then decide:)
Warlock, I had no idea you bought fish from Hans. I thought your supplier was in TX??

Skip
10-06-2010, 10:12 AM
There are many good sponsors and hobbyist breeders here on this forum. Take your time and read through the forum, then decide:)
Warlock, I had no idea you bought fish from Hans. I thought your supplier was in TX??

i haven't (but his price/stocklist is on my desk and i see it everyday!!!). but he wants marlboro reds & everybody loves Hans.. where else would you go?

my suppliers so far are in Texas.. : )) SD' Texans : ))

Jennie
10-06-2010, 10:23 AM
hmm ashaysathe and kozykeith might have some as well. might ck in with Brewmaster. He might have some

winschuc
10-06-2010, 10:54 AM
they do have some amazing looking discus. I'm currently just looking around and asking questions. Trying to get the plants to grow in a bit before i introduce the fish. I figure it'll be about the end of the month if not later before i'm ready. I really want ot make sure the environment is stable.

Skip
10-06-2010, 10:59 AM
as a beginner to another beginner.. you are better off going Barebottom tank.. UNTIL you can get your discus Stable first.. esp. if you want to be succesful with discus.. there are too many varibles that can cause problems for your discus.. so if you limit this from the start, you will be better off.. THEN after you have the Discus care/Water changes thing down.. then add to the tank..

K.I.S.S. (Keep It Simple Silly)
this is IMHO.. :D

Keith Perkins
10-06-2010, 09:51 PM
hmm ashaysathe and kozykeith might have some as well. might ck in with Brewmaster. He might have some

Sorry, I sold the last of my homebred Marlboro Reds last weekend. I'm glad you thought of me though. :)