PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Schmidt-Focke Prize given for the first time in history

Heiko Bleher
10-10-2010, 05:53 AM
Hi guys,

hope you all are well and busy with your discus from Hudson, Hans, Dale, and others. I was very busy with travels since August 28th til Ocober 5th, collecting in Guangxi Province (123 species in 3 days, including amazing blind cave fishes), with seminars in Shanghai, Nagoya, Tokyo, Prague, Pensacola, nature aquariums and lectures in Duisburg and at the NapoliAquatica where I also judged Discus at their greatest Championships - which is probably now, after Dusiburg, the largest Diiscus Contest in the world. See also under:
and more in the future on my website.

With me in Nepals, where judging Andrew Soh (Singapore), Jeffrey Tan (Malaysia), Sebastiano Solano (Italy), Sergey Goryushkin (Russia) Andrzej Sieniawski (Poland) and Patrik Hilsenbek (Germany) - some of the best judges this world has seen.

At this amazing show and competition I also gave 2 lectures and 25,000 vistors appreciated this largest Aquatic Show in Italy and possibly the 2nd largest in the world, after the yearly event in Duisburg's (which atracts in average 30,000 visitors).

But the highlight at NapoliAquatica was "The Dr. Schmidt-Focke Prize".

For the first time in history, in memory of
"The Father of the Discus Breeding" – the man to whom we owe most of the breeding strains of discus this world has today (he bred and stablished unique strains over decades from the very begin only with the best animals I brought back, since the mid 1960s into the late 1990s) was handed out. And I must say I was very honored to receive it. This prize (Trophy) touched me more than any other of the many awards and prizes given to me in my life time.

The great guys from the Greek Aquazone forum just published the video, have a look:

http://www.aquazone.gr/forums/index.php?showtopic=49091&st=0

Enjoy

Heiko Bleher

tacks
10-10-2010, 06:09 AM
Heiko great news for you and cont. your great work. Ed

Altum Nut
10-10-2010, 09:31 AM
Re: Heiko Bleher,

First of all, a most deserved congratulations to you for this outstanding award. As a newbie Discus keeper I keep seeing your name in many places for the contributions you make to this great aquatic hobby we so much love.
At this point in time there is too much ligatures to go through and explain what best suits the one most successful achievement you made.
One day, i will look back at this and possibly have all the answers so many of us look for.
Congratulations again Heiko and to your family,

...Ralph

mckchu
10-10-2010, 09:36 AM
Dear Heiko - congratulation!

Heiko Bleher
10-10-2010, 02:19 PM
Hi guys,

I realy appreciate you nice words and congratulations, thanks, and all the very best, and please Think Fish,

always
Heiko

Fons_van_der_Hart
10-10-2010, 02:22 PM
Hi Heiko,

Congratulations with this reward. I've seen on the video you were moved to tears by this award, which I can understand knowing the personal connection you had with Mr. Schmidt Focke.
I'm sorry I didn't knew in Germany otherwise I would have liked to congratulate you in person.

Regards,

Fons.

damian_ireland
10-10-2010, 03:37 PM
congrats Heiko. well deserved

cspengler
10-10-2010, 03:46 PM
Congratulations Heiko

Chris

Disgirl
10-10-2010, 04:34 PM
Big congratulations Heiko! Keep on doing what you have been doing all these years! I would love to meet you one day.
Barb

Dutch dude
10-10-2010, 04:46 PM
Hi Heiko,

Herzlichen Glückwunsch mit diesem Unterscheidung! :)

Ruurd

Moon
10-10-2010, 07:09 PM
Congats Heiko. A well desreved award and a very moving speech by you. I can undersatnd how you felt.

Discus-Hans
10-11-2010, 12:36 AM
Congrats Heiko, I've send you a PM,

Hans

Bosse
10-11-2010, 03:31 AM
Congratulations from Sweden Heiko. You are really worth this prize.
Bosse

Heiko Bleher
10-11-2010, 09:54 AM
Hi,

thank you all so very much, this is really very kind and touching, but who should really have received this prize is the one who is no longer among us and to whom we owe so much (if not all) ...

Thank you

Heiko

milton
10-11-2010, 12:37 PM
congrats heiko its well deserved

Apistomaster
10-11-2010, 02:56 PM
It is appropriate that such an award in name is given the first time to the one who collaborated so much with the other.
The two most influential transformational figures in the Discus keeping hobby.
Congratulations.

Heiko Bleher
10-22-2010, 01:19 PM
Hi,

thnak you very much Milton and Larry, great guys. And please keep up the good work, both of you,

always
Heiko