PDA

View Full Version : it's celebration time

lpiasente
10-20-2010, 01:14 AM
Good news Sally my headstander girl is no longer a headstander. She has been like this for 2 years. I can't believe it. She is still swimming a little funny but 100% compared to what she used to. I think she has surprised herself. I have never ever seen her swimming with fully erect fins and she is just swimming everywhere like that. The lump that she used to have that I assumed was her damaged swim bladder has disapeared. Yay for Sally x

Eddie
10-20-2010, 01:50 AM
Good news Sally my headstander girl is no longer a headstander. She has been like this for 2 years. I can't believe it. She is still swimming a little funny but 100% compared to what she used to. I think she has surprised herself. I have never ever seen her swimming with fully erect fins and she is just swimming everywhere like that. The lump that she used to have that I assumed was her swim bladder has disapeared. Yay for Sally x

Nice, thats great to hear. I remember when you posted about her in the disease section. Interesting that after so long she just fixed herself. Those are the best treatments, when the fish deals with it on their own!

All the best,

Eddie

lpiasente
10-20-2010, 02:06 AM
I wonder if there are any other long term headstanders out there that have recovered? I was sure she was going to spend the rest of her life like that. Well when I say recovered she still does swim a bit funny but here's hoping she will only get better with time.

vera
10-20-2010, 05:16 AM
Miracle! u didnt use any treatment at all ?

lpiasente
10-20-2010, 05:24 AM
When I first got her I tried some but that was 2 years ago. Yesterday the lump was there today no lump at all. I guess I will never know what happened.

vera
10-20-2010, 06:02 AM
When I first got her I tried some but that was 2 years ago. Yesterday the lump was there today no lump at all. I guess I will never know what happened.

she must be in love LOL
congrats!

Merrilyn
10-20-2010, 06:31 AM
Fantastic news. Congratulations to you and Sally :P

PAR23
10-20-2010, 10:36 AM

Great news.......the more we learn about discus......the more we realize we have much more to learn. That's nature for ya.:D

Jennie
10-20-2010, 10:42 AM
great news!

Tito
10-20-2010, 11:26 AM
My goodness - were you watching a Televangelistic show at the time? lol

That's great news realy. Happy for ya.

fishorama
10-20-2010, 11:27 AM
fantastic!

cobsterrr
10-20-2010, 02:58 PM
congrats! new to the forum send me a before and after video!

lpiasente
10-20-2010, 04:12 PM
My goodness - were you watching a Televangelistic show at the time? lol

That's great news realy. Happy for ya.

hahaha

lpiasente
10-20-2010, 04:18 PM
:)
Great news.......the more we learn about discus......the more we realize we have much more to learn. That's nature for ya.:D

Yep i am still shocked.One that she has lived so long and been so heathy in that condition and 2 that in the blink of an eye she can swim again. I think she is shocked as well. She scoots from one end of the tank to the other soo fast she stops in a hurry her fins go full spread she stops for a couple of seconds and then goes back the other way. The kids think I am mad i say she is saying "woooooooohooooooooo, look at me go". Kids are embarassed by my excitement :o I guess I understand why :)

Tito
10-20-2010, 04:24 PM
:)

Yep i am still shocked.One that she has lived so long and been so heathy in that condition and 2 that in the blink of an eye she can swim again. I think she is shocked as well. She scoots from one end of the tank to the other soo fast she stops in a hurry her fins go full spread she stops for a couple of seconds and then goes back the other way. The kids think I am mad i say she is saying "woooooooohooooooooo, look at me go". Kids are embarassed by my excitement :o I guess I understand why :)

And isn't that just what a human would do....

I mean if you could not walk for years then all of a sudden you can...I suspect that person would just skip the car ride and take the walk! LOL Look at me everybody - I can walk I can walk!

lpiasente
10-20-2010, 04:25 PM
congrats! new to the forum send me a before and after video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Va1wx85nnk

This is her before video. While she was eating she would move around but then from all the hard work she was buggered so she would just head stand. After a few months she stared swimming more and then ealier this year she worked out if she sat in the water current intake from the internal filter it would hold her in an upright position ans she didn't have to work hard to stay there. maybe this helped in the swim bladder repairing itself. I will get an after video early next week. Oh and the video is called Stan because I first thought she was a he.

lpiasente
10-20-2010, 04:42 PM
And isn't that just what a human would do....

I mean if you could not walk for years then all of a sudden you can...I suspect that person would just skip the car ride and take the walk! LOL Look at me everybody - I can walk I can walk!

yep