PDA

View Full Version : discus not eating

george007
10-21-2010, 07:48 PM
have used prazi pro on them and metro unable to get them to eat using r/o di water 100%. Water change every other day 10 gal's feeding beefheart ,blood worm's BrimeShrimp, mysis eddie can you help me out thank's Here are pictures of them in a 35 gal tank

DISEASE QUESTIONNAIRE

Problem

1. Please explain the problems with your fish/when and how they started

fish are not eating about two week's ago

2. Symptoms (i.e. turning dark, excess slime, not eating, clamped fins, flashing, darting, clamped gills, white/yellow/green poop, hiding, headstanding or tailstanding, white on tips of fins, rotting or fungus, blisters/ white zits on fish, bloated, cloudy eyes, wounds)

3. What medications/ treatments that you have already tried and results. Include dosages and duration of treatment.

metro one teaspoon for 10 gal's for 3days dose three times

Tank/Water

4. Tank size and age, number and size of fish

tank size 35gal one year old 5 to 6 inch

5. Water change regime/ how long has tank been running/ bare bottom or gravel/ do you age your water?
waterchange 10 gal's every other day tank has been running for one year i do not age my water

6 Parameters and water source;

- temp ___86__

- ph __4.5___

- ammonia reading __0__

- nitrite reading ___0

- nitrate reading __3__

- well water __no__

- municipal water __yes__

7. Any new fish/plants added recently no

PAR23
10-21-2010, 07:52 PM
have used prazi pro on them and metro unable to get them to eat using r/o di water 100%. Water change every other day 10 gal's feeding beefheart ,blood worm's BrimeShrimp, mysis eddie can you help me out thank's Here are pictures of them in a 35 gal tank

I am sure Eddie will reply but you should start with answering the questionaire so more insight can be gained.

http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?t=38545

Eddie
10-21-2010, 08:42 PM
Dude, your PH is low as hell. LOL

I don't even think you need to use biofiltration as it is slowed down tremendously with a PH that low. :o

Are you reconstituting your RO/DI at all?

When was the last time you thoroughly cleaned your filters and sponges?

Eddie

george007
10-21-2010, 09:05 PM
should i remove the bioflteration and up the ph to 6.5 What do you mean by reconstituting ro/di

Eddie
10-21-2010, 09:13 PM
should i remove the bioflteration and up the ph to 6.5 What do you mean by reconstituting ro/di

No no, I was being facetious. LOL

If your PH is always constant at 4.5 then it shouldn't be a problem.

Reconstituting means adding back minerals to your water. Some use RO right or other products. Some use a tap/RO mix to keep things under control.

I'm sure your GH and KH are like zero. Have you ever tested it? Why are you using 100% RO/DI?

george007
10-21-2010, 09:20 PM
That is the same water that i use for my marine tank should i change it I need to get these fish to eat again thank

Eddie
10-21-2010, 09:23 PM
That is the same water that i use for my marine tank should i change it I need to get these fish to eat again thank

Yeah, but in your marine tank you are using a salt mix to reconstitute the water.

george007
10-21-2010, 09:26 PM
so what do you recomment

Eddie
10-21-2010, 09:31 PM
so what do you recomment

Whats your tap readings? GH/KH/PH

You might be better off just using an RO/Tap mix. :o