PDA

View Full Version : ich?

jduboscarf
10-24-2010, 11:04 PM
DISEASE QUESTIONNAIRE

Problem

1. Please explain the problems with your fish/when and how they started?

White spots on pectoral fin, smaller white spots on tail, hardly noticeable.

2. Symptoms (i.e. turning dark, excess slime, not eating, clamped fins, flashing, darting, clamped gills, white/yellow/green poop, hiding, headstanding or tailstanding, white on tips of fins, rotting or fungus, blisters/ white zits on fish, bloated, cloudy eyes, wounds)?

White spots on pectoral fin.

3. What medications/ treatments that you have already tried and results. Include dosages and duration of treatment.

None

Tank/Water

4. Tank size and age, number and size of fish

45G tall, 5 mths old, 4 discus plus clean up crew.

5. Water change regime/ how long has tank been running/ bare bottom or gravel/ do you age your water?

flourite gravel, live plants, low tech, 20% wc every other day.

6 Parameters and water source;

- temp 82-84

- ph 7.4

- ammonia reading 0.25

- nitrite reading 0.25

- nitrate reading 10pp,

- well water ____NO

- municipal water ____Yes

7. Any new fish/plants added recently? Yes, two new discus totaling four. Also I had added chem pure approximately four weeks ago and I think it cause my tank to recycle.

Speaking with Eddie, he said to do more water changes, get my Ammonia and Nitrite under control before I try and do any meds. This is really to post pics so Eddie and anyone else can throw in their much appreciated advice.

Eddie
10-25-2010, 04:00 AM
Looks like encysted bacteria on the fins, nothing you can do to remove this. The only way I have ever removed it was by cutting the fin but those clusters are way too close to the body to cut them.

Eddie