PDA

View Full Version : How to deal with a aggresive fish??

ZX10R
10-25-2010, 06:57 PM
I got 7 new fish in ranging from 3" to 4". The smallest fish which is a red/white has developed a problem with my red tuq. The red/white keeps my red turq pinned down in the back corner of my tank. When they are eating they get along fine but other then that he will not leave my red turq alone.The red/white sometimes will chase the other fish but not like the red turq. Any time the red turq comes out and swims with the other fish the red/white goes after him and chases him into the back corner.

What are my options on how to deal with this?

Eddie
10-25-2010, 07:27 PM
Leave them alone to deal with it unless you see physical damage.

ZX10R
10-25-2010, 07:54 PM
Leave them alone to deal with it unless you see physical damage.

I will give it longer and see how it pans out. Just hate that all my other fish are out swimming around while my red turq stays hidden.

Skip
10-25-2010, 08:25 PM
I will give it longer and see how it pans out. Just hate that all my other fish are out swimming around while my red turq stays hidden.

crap goes down hill.. there will always be low man at the bottom.. let them work it out is a good thing.. but it can be hard to watch..

ZX10R
10-25-2010, 08:30 PM
crap goes down hill.. there will always be low man at the bottom.. let them work it out is a good thing.. but it can be hard to watch..

I didn't know if I should add maybe two more fish or move him to my other tank. Which my discus in my other tank are about 1" bigger then he is.

Skip
10-25-2010, 08:37 PM
I didn't know if I should add maybe two more fish or move him to my other tank. Which my discus in my other tank are about 1" bigger then he is.

i too have gone thru this.. but if you take him out.. then the next guy will be at bottom.. so just leave him in there and think of him as TAKING ONE for the TEAM in the tank.. i know it sucks but its better to have one stunted then two..

ZX10R
10-25-2010, 08:39 PM
i too have gone thru this.. but if you take him out.. then the next guy will be at bottom.. so just leave him in there and think of him as TAKING ONE for the TEAM in the tank.. i know it sucks but its better to have one stunted then two..

He must have a size issue since he is the smallest one in the tank but the biggest bully :whip:

Skip
10-25-2010, 08:42 PM
is he a blue diamond.. ??

my BD is in th middle of 5 and the biggest bully..

fyi.. i did remove the 6th out, cuz of the bully.. and put in with my fry tank.. in there is like 4th largest.. but then he sort trys to be the bully..more pecking then anything..

ZX10R
10-25-2010, 08:45 PM
is he a blue diamond.. ??

No he is a 3" red/white

Kingdom Come Discus
10-25-2010, 08:53 PM
Adding more fish sometimes will help drastically.

Skip
10-25-2010, 08:55 PM
how big is your tank? is it too small? i also put in some plants.. a couple are attached to small pieces of diftwood for weight, a few others are just floating in their pots.. but it does provide alittle cover and its still easy to clean the BB

ZX10R
10-25-2010, 09:08 PM
Adding more fish sometimes will help drastically.

Hi Kraig,

I thought I had heard that before that is why I was asking because I still need to get some from you :D

how big is your tank?

I have 7 discus some cardinal tetras, rasbora, and cory cats in 100 gallons. So I think I could safely add two more fish