PDA

View Full Version : nerves

joshua 74
10-26-2010, 06:22 AM
Nerves I have drained my large discus tank into a 100L tank with a lil piece of wood heater and air line with 6 discus in ther. Will I drained scrubbed and cleared all the gravel out of my bigger tank now the filter wasn’t running for about 45min at most there is about 20L of old tank water in there rest new treated tap water. After filling back up and letting the filter run for about 30 min I have added 3 of the six discus they look scared and are breathing heavily I know this is probably normal because of the shok but I am still worried. I have only added api stress coat to the water. Still to go in are a breeding pair wich would kill me if I lost them and a lil fella.

I think going bb will be good because I plan to breed my pairs in there as a semi display tank/breeding tank. Fingers crossed when do u think I should add my pair ow by the way I pout a towel over the tank the pair and lil fella are in to keep it dark and when I remove them that water that is in there is going back into the bigger tank 2.
:o

Skip
10-26-2010, 08:14 AM
discus don't like change.. BUT.. they do get used to the new surrounds.. i don't see what the problem is of adding them.. and just keep up the water changes.. they will be happy.. once they settle down..

joshua 74
10-26-2010, 09:17 AM
iv added them and darkend everything it was a lil ruf some lifted scails and i think the male tool a big blow to the head i will c in the morning what they are like. have u herd of semi breeding show tank??