PDA

View Full Version : BBS Cysts

Tito
10-27-2010, 06:52 PM
Has anyone feeding BBS to their fry feel that you may have lost a few to them eating the Cyst?

William Palumbo
10-27-2010, 07:07 PM
I'm not really sure they eat the cyst. Live BBS is a living, moving thing. That's what attracts the fry. I'm pretty sure when staring at either a cyst, hatched or not, and staring at a live shrimp, they will go for the later. I have a hard time getting them to readily take decapsulated cysts, and when the do, it's a bit down the road...Bill

Tito
10-27-2010, 07:11 PM
I'm not really sure they eat the cyst. Live BBS is a living, moving thing. That's what attracts the fry. I'm pretty sure when staring at either a cyst, hatched or not, and staring at a live shrimp, they will go for the later. I have a hard time getting them to readily take decapsulated cysts, and when the do, it's a bit down the road...Bill

Cool. I do see them going after the moving shrimp with my manifying glass.

I have a fry that is Clearly Bloated! Anyone have any advice as to what may have caused it??

This is the second fry to get this.

William Palumbo
10-27-2010, 07:18 PM
My fry eat until they all look bloated. But the BBS in itself acts as a laxative, and even more when not rinsed off, and they still contain salt. I have had fry at times that had Dropsy, where their bellies fill with liquid. BBS will not cause bloat otherwise...Bill

CliffsDiscus
10-28-2010, 03:06 PM
Tito,
Try adding a pinch of Epsom Salt when hatching the BBS, this will help the fry's digestion.

Cliff

Tito
10-28-2010, 04:19 PM
Tito,
Try adding a pinch of Epsom Salt when hatching the BBS, this will help the fry's digestion.

Cliff
:thumbsup: