PDA

View Full Version : What Is Normal Breathing?

vstar
10-28-2010, 09:34 PM
What is normal breathing for discus? I mean how fast do they breathe normally. I have never got to observe breathing habits of discus as to where I live nobody has them. I have kept several different species of fish and have come to learn there breathing habits but not discus.

Jennie
10-28-2010, 10:49 PM
My adults breath pretty slow while the juvies are faster.

Eddie
10-29-2010, 04:48 AM
My adults breath pretty slow while the juvies are faster.

+1

Knircky
11-18-2010, 11:30 AM
I have young ones between 2-4 in. They seem to breath very fast but are happy otherwise. I noticed they breath faster in my tank than at the fish store. I do use an air stone and change water 60-70% every day with exceptions of course when not around.

What would that mean.

Skip
11-18-2010, 01:42 PM
What would that mean.

they are alive.. its when they STOP breathing.. is when you need to worry ;)

Tito
11-18-2010, 02:04 PM
I have young ones between 2-4 in. They seem to breath very fast but are happy otherwise. I noticed they breath faster in my tank than at the fish store. I do use an air stone and change water 60-70% every day with exceptions of course when not around.

What would that mean.

I've made this observation myself. What does it mean - maybe they're excited. I always got excited when Roslyn came around - hum, I was a teenager back then........

.....now I'm just glad that I can breath.

I think my Discus were getting excited when I came around.....what does that mean?

JaVia
11-20-2010, 12:42 AM
I think my Discus were getting excited when I came around.....what does that mean?

They love you. Seeing you most likely means they are getting fed soon and we all know our piggies love their food.